Which skid steers are not computerized?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

blaster2005

I'm new to the forum and skid steers! I have been shopping for a new or late model low hour skid steer. I have noticed Bobcat, New Holland ect are computerized like modern cars & trucks. I was told Doosan Daewoo and Thomas are simple to work on and no computer to deal with. Is this true? And are their any other brands with no computer? Any info would be appreciated!

m610

I was looking at Thomas loaders last year and none of them had electronic junk. They are simple, tough and have nice Kubota engines. Nationsrent uses them around here, and they seem to hold up well despite the inexperienced operators. If I was going to buy a new skid steer Thomas would be my choice. They remind me of the older Bobcats, but have more standardized parts.

Tazza

Staff member
I believe all late model machines have computers. The old 80-90's vintage 743 was fully mechanical, after that they started integrating electronics.

skidsteer.ca

My 853C is mechanical, I think it's a 95 model.
Bobcat had BICS from 94 on, but its easy to bypass, stay away from the BOSS option equiped models (bar graph guages) and your ok up until 99 when the G series started (triangle headlights) after 99 the "BOSS" shutdown system became standard equipment, for better or worse, so there is no avoiding it
Ken