which backhoe?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wingnut420

Hi All, I just bought an 2001 A300 with about 3800 hrs on it. Everything works reasonably well with it. I was considering getting a backhoe for it but realized with some research that its only supposed to be the 8811 backhoe as the others dont fit. Apparently there are other attachment points besides the quick attch plate. The A300 uses a big bar to hook on in the middle. Ive look at so aftermarket backhoes online that dont seem to hook up with anything but the plate. My questions is are there other ways around this? Is there some creativity involved. I'm good at welding if that helps. It will take forever to come across a cheapo 8811 backhoe so alternatives would be great if thats possible

[email protected]

where do you live? i see 8811s for sale frequently. it's hard to beat OEM stuff that's meant to work together, IMO. they also mad an "8709" backhoe which is a little smaller but would still fit the same bracket on the machine.

TriHonu

I bought a Bradco 609 that came with the mounts for a Case 1845. Bradco made mounts for my 763 but they were expensive.
I kept the Quick-Tach part and cut off the other parts of Case mount. I made the parts that attach to the loader frame and the mating parts that attach to the backhoe.
I used a couple sizes of square tube and some plate. Lots of ways to connect the backhoe to the loader. Make sure your design allows some wiggle to to get it attached and some way to remove the slack so the mount is tight when you are digging.
Bradco makes mounting kits for the A300, the mount kit is over $2000.

Joe Dickey

I bought a Bradco 609 that came with the mounts for a Case 1845. Bradco made mounts for my 763 but they were expensive.
I kept the Quick-Tach part and cut off the other parts of Case mount. I made the parts that attach to the loader frame and the mating parts that attach to the backhoe.
I used a couple sizes of square tube and some plate. Lots of ways to connect the backhoe to the loader. Make sure your design allows some wiggle to to get it attached and some way to remove the slack so the mount is tight when you are digging.
Bradco makes mounting kits for the A300, the mount kit is over $2000.
Wow about the price of the mounts. It doesn't surprise me though. We bought a used 811 for the 863. It came with the big heavy mounts that bolt at the front sides where the boom turns down. The backhoe hooks on the mounts and the boom comes down and rest on the mounts. It partially crushed our Hyd lines so we shimmed the boom up 3/8 inch by welding 2x4 plates on the mounts. I can tell you this I pulled up parallel to my 18 ft 14,000lb heavy tag along couldn't put the out riggers down because that would have pushed me 4 ft away swung 90 degrees to the side put the bucket under the far side of the trailer and picked the whole side off the ground like it was nothing. The guy wouldn't sell us the back out riggers and we didn't think much of it till I dug 600 ft of trench up a hill leaning to the right not horrible but still wanted to level the machine so I adjusted the front out riggers, well the backhoe was heavy enough to feel good till I reached out and put down pressure to the ground and the machine reared back the out rigger on the high side reared off the ground and the machine tilted back till both back tires were on the ground. As soon as I raised the boom back down we go for 600 ft of ditch. Wow, it turned into a three legged chair. You can adjust the front out riggers to plant the back tires solid but you might be leaning over more than you want. Well Dad went to Bobcat open house, you know where the salesman tries to set the hook. He said the coffee and donuts were good. Anyway he was walking around the shop and spotted used back out riggers on a shelf. He bought them and a use tilt bucket attachment that we love. It turns out the guy we bought the backhoe from traded it in on a mini. The shop took them off (dealers do that on trade ins. they make more money selling the attachments separately.) Now then we had to buy the aux hyd lines for the out riggers. They T off the #2 aux hyd on the right side of the boom but down at the control valve between the tires on the inside. If you get a backhoe you need back out riggers. You'll see. Its very fast and a horse. The only thing is you can only swing 90° with the boom like a tractor backhoe, but it's easier to travel if you have to. We made 12inch 3/8 rods welded to pipe cut in half at about 45° then breeze clamped it to the travel levers just under the handles and put wood file handles on the end of the rods. The throttle, just drill a hole in the throttle lever make a 1/4 in rod with a 1/2 in 90 on each end weld a bolt 12 in forward and put your new throttle lever that you make on that. Easy peasy. Now you don't have to lean back as far to reach the travel leavers. You can drive it all over the place easy from the backhoe seat.

Latest posts