Where to buy engine parts for 1991 843 Perkins ??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

aftermath

Ok, just sold my very reliable 753 that I only use for my personal use. I just bought a 1991 843 with a perkins diesel. Everything on this unit looks great but the engine needs a ring job. I figured while I have the engine out, I will also replace all of the bearings as well and do a complete overhaul. I am not a Bobcat mechanic but I have built several engines in my own hot rods and work trucks. This bobcat runs great but has oil than dripping from the blow-by tube and is very hard to start due to the low compression. I had the Bobcat stealership look at it and they agreed that it looks like rings. So my questions are #1 is there anything out of the ordinary that I should do while rebuiling this engine or what to look for? #2 I was told that there is a really good place to buy aftermarket parts that work really well and where should I buy. Thanks very much in advance Chris

bobcat1505

you can always search the web for parts sources. perkins is a popular engine. you may also get them at a local parts source napa for instance. don't count out dealer on priceing also.
when you have engine out check u-joints and splines. before removeing check for leaks as with the engine out its a lot easier to fix them.

OP
OP
A

aftermath

you can always search the web for parts sources. perkins is a popular engine. you may also get them at a local parts source napa for instance. don't count out dealer on priceing also.
when you have engine out check u-joints and splines. before removeing check for leaks as with the engine out its a lot easier to fix them.
thanks !....I did check at a Bobcat dealer and the rings alone was $450.00....that seems outrageous to me. I could't find anything on e-bay but may have not entered the search correctly. Is there such a thing as a rebuild kit for this engine? and if so, where could I find it? How much should I expect to pay for it? Thanks for all of your help, it is GREATLY appreciated ! chris

bobcat1505

thanks !....I did check at a Bobcat dealer and the rings alone was $450.00....that seems outrageous to me. I could't find anything on e-bay but may have not entered the search correctly. Is there such a thing as a rebuild kit for this engine? and if so, where could I find it? How much should I expect to pay for it? Thanks for all of your help, it is GREATLY appreciated ! chris
kubota rings run about 70-80 dollars a set there should be a rebuild kit avalibal i did see something on ebay for a kit i'll see if i can find it for you.

bobcat1505

kubota rings run about 70-80 dollars a set there should be a rebuild kit avalibal i did see something on ebay for a kit i'll see if i can find it for you.
search ebay for perkins engine kit it will return many hits, mainly on tractors but they do list engine models for the kits.

jmatt20

glad to be of help
A&R diesel in CA. can get parts for the 4.154 engine .they had the head on my machine welded after it overheated and cracked ...works great so far.. This engine was in boats gensets bobcats and the sweeper part of street sweepers. They can also do a complete rebuild for you ...about 4500$ i think .

Tazza

Staff member
A&R diesel in CA. can get parts for the 4.154 engine .they had the head on my machine welded after it overheated and cracked ...works great so far.. This engine was in boats gensets bobcats and the sweeper part of street sweepers. They can also do a complete rebuild for you ...about 4500$ i think .
I was going to say, the ring peice sounds about rite, i pay about $70-$80 AUD for rings for a Kubota V2203 or V1702.
Ensure you do the usual, check for wear and roundness of the bores, remove the ridge at the top of the bore. Check the pistons for wear too.

Latest posts