What's better? Vertical lift type or not?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Mustang Gregg

I reckon that a Deere/New Holland is NOT as strong (durable) as the Gehl/Case type with the "posts" that the main boom hinges from. I am going to buy a 65 Hp CTL this month & use it mainly for tree shearing operations. But It will be used for digging too. Is one better than the other? The New Holland salesmen tell me that their CTL'sjust lift higher & are as strong. I really don't think I need high lift capability. Most of what we do is going to be at ground level. Mustang Gregg

Tazza

Staff member
The vertical lift is just better for loading trucks, as the bucket stays out the same distance all the way up, unlike *normal* ones that move backwards on an arc to full height. I can't see it being any better or not, unless you use it for loading trucks. If the price is close, i would go the vertical lift.

skidsteer.ca

The vertical lift is just better for loading trucks, as the bucket stays out the same distance all the way up, unlike *normal* ones that move backwards on an arc to full height. I can't see it being any better or not, unless you use it for loading trucks. If the price is close, i would go the vertical lift.
The only drawback I have noticed with my 773 is that the boom will shake back and forth more sideways, because the more pins the more places for slack and movement. And more places to grease.
When the day comes to rebuild the boom it will be more work/cost as well.
That added forward reach at full height is handy at times, but mostly I got that machine because of its lift capacity was in the range I needed.
Ken

Latest posts