What should I buy....753 or Lx865??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jinxie

Hi I have the opportunity to buy either one of these 2 machines. A '94 Bobcat 753 or a '97 New Holland LX865. The New Holland is Turbo with 3500 hours and the Bobcat is natural with 2400 hours. My plan is to use the machine for landscaping around our new house we are building. It is on approx 2 acres, but about 1acre needs some attention. After that it will be used for 200ft of driveway snow removal. Both machines are enclosed with cab heat. The Bobcat is $1000 less. What is the better machine and why? Thanx for the input!!

Tazza

Staff member
3,500 hours is quite a lot. Thats getting close to the point the engine will need attention.
I have always been partial to Bobcat, the thing that scares me about NH machines is the few i know of use their own engines that are NOT cheap. Bobcat mainly use Kubota which you can get aftermarket parts for at very good prices.
Charger is the man that knows his NH machines, he can tell you if its a good machine or not.

skidsteer.ca

3,500 hours is quite a lot. Thats getting close to the point the engine will need attention.
I have always been partial to Bobcat, the thing that scares me about NH machines is the few i know of use their own engines that are NOT cheap. Bobcat mainly use Kubota which you can get aftermarket parts for at very good prices.
Charger is the man that knows his NH machines, he can tell you if its a good machine or not.
All other things being equal the 753 has a 1300 lb roc (rated lift) where as the New Holland is much larger, Guessing 2200 to 2500. It is also going to be much heavier, incase trailering it or getting into tight spots is a concern. I beleve NH to make quality equipment too, but to me it would really be a matter or which size I need between these two.
Ken

Latest posts