What kind of oils can i use for my bobcat

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Muzzy24

Hey guys as I said before i am new to the whole skid steer stuff. I am wanting to know if i can use Esso Mobil oil products for my machine? I have a 2000 Bobcat 773G turbo. I want to try and run Esso Mobil oils as i get them free from work. I wondering if i can use for they following: 1-Hydraulics - Mobil Univis 22 or HVI 13 2-Chain case- Mobil Spartan EP all season gear oil 3-Engine oil- Mobil Delvac EPS 0W40 Would these oils be ok to run in my bobcat?

Tazza

Staff member
The chain case runs regular motor oil grade oil, no need for gear oil.
I personally run 15W40 for my engine and 20W50 in the hydraulics and chain case. 20W50 is cheap here, and it never gets below freezing, so thick oil is not an issue for me.
I see no reason why you can't find something to run that your work has, free is a price I like!

OP
OP
M

Muzzy24

The chain case runs regular motor oil grade oil, no need for gear oil.
I personally run 15W40 for my engine and 20W50 in the hydraulics and chain case. 20W50 is cheap here, and it never gets below freezing, so thick oil is not an issue for me.
I see no reason why you can't find something to run that your work has, free is a price I like!
Ya I live in Canada and I use my machine for clearing snow in winter where it gets to -40 at times. I am thinking I will run 0W40 in the engine and the HVI 13 hydraulic oil as it is a bit thinner then the Univis 22. Then the chain case I really not sure I think 0W 40 is little to thin for the chain case??

bobkat843

Do what Tazza recommends never use hydraulic oil in a hydrostatic machine the weights to thin. You should tally up and pay for bobcat brand fluid or case which both have anti foaming agent,s and is excellent . or non detergent motor oil 10-30 or 40

Tazza

Staff member
Do what Tazza recommends never use hydraulic oil in a hydrostatic machine the weights to thin. You should tally up and pay for bobcat brand fluid or case which both have anti foaming agent,s and is excellent . or non detergent motor oil 10-30 or 40
Agreed, you don't want to go too thin for the hydrostatics. They call for hydrostatic fluid, not hydraulic, you need it to be thicker to lubricate the pumps.
The chain case, the axles don't move fast, so event the thinnest of oils would do just fine in there.

OP
OP
M

Muzzy24

Agreed, you don't want to go too thin for the hydrostatics. They call for hydrostatic fluid, not hydraulic, you need it to be thicker to lubricate the pumps.
The chain case, the axles don't move fast, so event the thinnest of oils would do just fine in there.
Those above are some of the oils I can get. Also I can get not sure if really any good to me but can get -Mobil trans AST 20 -Mobil Delvac 1230 ( SAE 30 ) -Mobil Delvac 1240 SAE 40 ) Mobil gear oil 75W90 That is kind of a list I can get from work to pick from what you guys think any of them work for my hydraulics and chain case? I have already made up my mind that I am going to use Mobil Delvac EPS 0W40 as we run it in all our equipment on the rig here and our rig runs 24hrs/7days a week and we have never hand any issues. We do oil sampling at work and get 3000hrs easy out of our engine and tranny(Mobil trans AST 20). I live in Canada so we get very cold temps and I use it for clearing snow. So to be honest with you I hardly use my machine. In the last 2 months I have put on 2hrs. I just want to put fresh oil in everything now which happens to be Mobil oils I get for free.

bobkat843

Those above are some of the oils I can get. Also I can get not sure if really any good to me but can get -Mobil trans AST 20 -Mobil Delvac 1230 ( SAE 30 ) -Mobil Delvac 1240 SAE 40 ) Mobil gear oil 75W90 That is kind of a list I can get from work to pick from what you guys think any of them work for my hydraulics and chain case? I have already made up my mind that I am going to use Mobil Delvac EPS 0W40 as we run it in all our equipment on the rig here and our rig runs 24hrs/7days a week and we have never hand any issues. We do oil sampling at work and get 3000hrs easy out of our engine and tranny(Mobil trans AST 20). I live in Canada so we get very cold temps and I use it for clearing snow. So to be honest with you I hardly use my machine. In the last 2 months I have put on 2hrs. I just want to put fresh oil in everything now which happens to be Mobil oils I get for free.
Bobcat brand is basically Mobil with anti foaming agent mixed in without the mobil name on it. ? It get cold but what about summer months any mobil motor oil is fine in non detergent form. For free it works even better.

OP
OP
M

Muzzy24

Bobcat brand is basically Mobil with anti foaming agent mixed in without the mobil name on it. ? It get cold but what about summer months any mobil motor oil is fine in non detergent form. For free it works even better.
Oh is it ok. We use 0W40 year around here in our rigs and have been for a long time. We use to switch back and forth but now we stay with 0w40 all year

OP
OP
M

Muzzy24

Oh is it ok. We use 0W40 year around here in our rigs and have been for a long time. We use to switch back and forth but now we stay with 0w40 all year
I am really thinking of running the UNIVS N22 hyd oil in my bobcat. From the right up it looks good and it is 100% free can get as much of it as I want!!! Here is a link on it http://www.mobil.com/Singapore-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENINDMOUnivis_N.aspx

OP
OP
M

Muzzy24

I am really thinking of running the UNIVS N22 hyd oil in my bobcat. From the right up it looks good and it is 100% free can get as much of it as I want!!! Here is a link on it http://www.mobil.com/Singapore-English/Lubes/PDS/GLXXENINDMOUnivis_N.aspx
Also I could run Mobil Trans AST Extra 20 in my chain case and hyd system to maybe I can get tons of I also. Here is the link to it also little write up. http://www.mobil.com/Canada-English/Lubes/PDS/IOCAENCVLMOMobiltrans_AST_Series.aspx

OP
OP
M

Muzzy24

Well I have made the mind up I am going to go with the Univis 22 for my hyd and chain case. See how that works if no go then I will drain and go with something else after all the oil is free. I hardly use my machine to be honest have put on 2hrs very easy hrs in the last 3 months

Latest posts