What kind of oil should I use for My S220

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

chevyman

I was wondering what kind of oil would be the best for cold climat. I was thinking of doing the same as I usually do 0W30 Castrol synthetic for hydraulics and engine. Any ideas, I live in Northern Ontario Canada temperature can reach -40C. Any input would be great :)

skidsteer.ca

Your on the right track. I had NH recommend 0-40 synthetic for their engines in the Canadian winter climate. The hydraulic oil is not as critical, but will make the engine crank easier.
A 5 minute warm up,followed by a couple minutes of driving with low loads on the wheels b4 you put it to work is also a good idea.
Better would be to park in doors or tarp up the machine and place some heat underneath, but that's not always a option. Also avoid the extreme coldest days if you can.
Ken

OP
OP
C

chevyman

Your on the right track. I had NH recommend 0-40 synthetic for their engines in the Canadian winter climate. The hydraulic oil is not as critical, but will make the engine crank easier.
A 5 minute warm up,followed by a couple minutes of driving with low loads on the wheels b4 you put it to work is also a good idea.
Better would be to park in doors or tarp up the machine and place some heat underneath, but that's not always a option. Also avoid the extreme coldest days if you can.
Ken
Thanks

Latest posts