What is the best way to protect the bucket from rusting/corroding

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alphamale

Paint of course will wear fast. Is spraying with oil or quoting with grease good idea specially when working with salt sand.

Tazza

Staff member
I don't think that is a battle you will ever truly win, especially with salty sand.....
The only thing you can really do is ensure there are no pockets for the sand to sit and create rust. Washing it with fresh water after a days work would help.
Spraying thinned out oil woild help keep the rust down too. Dilute it with kerosene or possibly just use diesel.

[email protected]

I don't think that is a battle you will ever truly win, especially with salty sand.....
The only thing you can really do is ensure there are no pockets for the sand to sit and create rust. Washing it with fresh water after a days work would help.
Spraying thinned out oil woild help keep the rust down too. Dilute it with kerosene or possibly just use diesel.
get a stainless steel bucket ;)

dougn

When you're done using the bucket put it under a roof or shed if you have one. Other than that it's a piece of equipment, rust happens if you can't keep it inside.

[email protected]

When you're done using the bucket put it under a roof or shed if you have one. Other than that it's a piece of equipment, rust happens if you can't keep it inside.
i actually think the best way to keep a bucket from rusting is to use it. it's always getting worn clean

1ofU

i actually think the best way to keep a bucket from rusting is to use it. it's always getting worn clean
you can spray it down with diesel fuel , red / farm fuel is cheaper get a 10.00 pump sprayer
from a farm store /walmart etc.. ive done it for years , the non used area will have whats looks like a oil coating on it . and a mild diesel smell
Jess

Latest posts