What is a good price for this used S150 package? Please advise.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

clydesdale

I have a friend who found a Bobcat 2013 model year S150 with 750 hrs, 4 way bucket, forks, "high flow system", backhoe and a trailer that is "a little ratty". The machine has a enclosed cab, heat, but he is not sure about a/c or not. I have not seen the machine yet. He says it is in good condition and that he could sell it for $27k+, but wants to just make a couple of grand and can sell it to me for $22,500. I am a homeowner with a large driveway, pallets of firewood and was looking for something that could make work a little easier for me. At one point, I was thinking more like an old 753 or such machine. This is more expensive than I was originally looking for, but this might be a smart deal. Can anyone advise? He is going to hold it for a week for me before he tries to sell it for more. Thoughts? Thanks.

reaperman

If everything you mention is included, I would wonder why. I dont see how the seller can still make "a couple grand" by selling at this price. The machine alone should fetch the asking price. Add a ratty trailer, $1500, 4 way bucket another $1500, forks $500, and a backhoe? If your really interested, I'd have it checked over by someone qualified to make sure there isn't any hidden issues.

alchemysa

If everything you mention is included, I would wonder why. I dont see how the seller can still make "a couple grand" by selling at this price. The machine alone should fetch the asking price. Add a ratty trailer, $1500, 4 way bucket another $1500, forks $500, and a backhoe? If your really interested, I'd have it checked over by someone qualified to make sure there isn't any hidden issues.
Dunno if thats a good deal or not but, its a lot of money to move a few pallets of wood and maintain a driveway. Have you really considered the options to do those jobs? This might be heresy here but a compact conventional tractor with forks, a backhoe and a 4in1 bucket can be got for a whole lot less and might suit you better. Of course, you may just WANT a skid steer which is fair enough too.

Bobcatdan

Dunno if thats a good deal or not but, its a lot of money to move a few pallets of wood and maintain a driveway. Have you really considered the options to do those jobs? This might be heresy here but a compact conventional tractor with forks, a backhoe and a 4in1 bucket can be got for a whole lot less and might suit you better. Of course, you may just WANT a skid steer which is fair enough too.
S150 never had high flow.

bobbie-g

S150 never had high flow.
When I bought my 863 via the internet, I negotiated a deal to have the seller take it to the Bobcat shop. They evaluated it and I paid the eval bill ($400 or so). That way I knew what I was getting. If you are a bit inexperienced regarding Bobcats, this might be a smart move. And yes, that seems to be a "too good to be true" price. :) ---Bobbie-G

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

When I bought my 863 via the internet, I negotiated a deal to have the seller take it to the Bobcat shop. They evaluated it and I paid the eval bill ($400 or so). That way I knew what I was getting. If you are a bit inexperienced regarding Bobcats, this might be a smart move. And yes, that seems to be a "too good to be true" price. :) ---Bobbie-G
I looked at the machine. It is a 2010 NOT 2013. It has power bob-tach. It has two speed joy stick, but seems to have only 1 speed. It does not have a/c and I do not see any high flow indication. The backhoe is a 709. The 4 in 1 bucket seems a little abused and bent, but I need to look closer. I would need to make sure it closes. The motor and hydraulics are clean and do not have leaks. The trailer has good tires, but is rusty. My driveway is 750 feet long. I have plenty of wood and woods on property. I want to use it for forks, moving dirt, digging stumps with backhoe and maybe power broom for driveway. Any further advice on this machine. It being a 2010 probably changes your opinion on the price. It has 751 hours.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

I looked at the machine. It is a 2010 NOT 2013. It has power bob-tach. It has two speed joy stick, but seems to have only 1 speed. It does not have a/c and I do not see any high flow indication. The backhoe is a 709. The 4 in 1 bucket seems a little abused and bent, but I need to look closer. I would need to make sure it closes. The motor and hydraulics are clean and do not have leaks. The trailer has good tires, but is rusty. My driveway is 750 feet long. I have plenty of wood and woods on property. I want to use it for forks, moving dirt, digging stumps with backhoe and maybe power broom for driveway. Any further advice on this machine. It being a 2010 probably changes your opinion on the price. It has 751 hours.
BTW, the story is that this machine was picked up because the contractor was going through divorce. The guy I know bought it with me in mind. If I don't buy it, he plans to put it on the internet. A dealer told him to ask 27k and take no less than 25k.

Bobcatdan

BTW, the story is that this machine was picked up because the contractor was going through divorce. The guy I know bought it with me in mind. If I don't buy it, he plans to put it on the internet. A dealer told him to ask 27k and take no less than 25k.
Nothing changed between a '10 and '13 so I wouldn't get hung up on that. S150 never had 2 speed option

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

Nothing changed between a '10 and '13 so I wouldn't get hung up on that. S150 never had 2 speed option
I thought I saw on a historical spec sheet from Bobcat that it was an option. I may have read that wrong. Also, when I brought the throttle all the way up, there was a horn like sound coming from the machine. I would then back it off a touch to make the sound stop. My brother thought that this may be an over-speed indicator for the engine. Any idea why it would make this sound? Thanks for all the help guys.

OP
OP
C

clydesdale

I thought I saw on a historical spec sheet from Bobcat that it was an option. I may have read that wrong. Also, when I brought the throttle all the way up, there was a horn like sound coming from the machine. I would then back it off a touch to make the sound stop. My brother thought that this may be an over-speed indicator for the engine. Any idea why it would make this sound? Thanks for all the help guys.
According to serial number, I was told it has the H51 package. It has heated cab, suspension seat, and some sort of cab electrical comforts. It does not appear to be a 2 speed model.

reaperman

According to serial number, I was told it has the H51 package. It has heated cab, suspension seat, and some sort of cab electrical comforts. It does not appear to be a 2 speed model.
Here is a 2010 retail price list for a S130. M0001 S130 BOBCAT SKID-STEER LOADER, $25,067.00. M__-P01-H51 H51 OPTION PACKAGE, $2,614.00. H-51 package includes: Enclosed Cab with Heat, Suspension Seat, Cab Accessories Harness, Power Bobtach. Source:http://procure.ohio.gov/pricelist/800155pricelist.pdf. This sounds like a decent price with everything included. Just make sure its the machine you want. I wont say anything bad about this model machine, I own its predecessor (753). In saying all of that, it wouldnt hurt to look at a larger/wider machine with a longer wheel base and more lifting capacity. A 763 or 773G model both fit that catagory and are proven workers. I know you mentioned you would possible remove stumps with the backhoe attachment. Keep in mind a bobcat hoe isnt going to remove anything very large. Operating heavy equipment for over 25 years I have removed my share of stumps. They are tougher than most people imagine. Normally, I use a large excavator (cat 330) with a thumb attachment for the job. Even with something that big, stumps are stubborn. For gathering firewood a bobcat is a must, its as important as my chainsaw. For that my 753 fits the bill perfect. It can snake between trees that a larger machine cannot. Plus my 753 handles my 100" snow bucket without any issues. Its very rare that my 753 runs into something it cant handle. But if something does come up, I have the luxury of bringing home a larger machine from work to assist. I'm not trying to confuse you, but rather see a buyer explore all options. Once you decide on a machine, its going to be yours for a long time.

Greasemonkey

Here is a 2010 retail price list for a S130. M0001 S130 BOBCAT SKID-STEER LOADER, $25,067.00. M__-P01-H51 H51 OPTION PACKAGE, $2,614.00. H-51 package includes: Enclosed Cab with Heat, Suspension Seat, Cab Accessories Harness, Power Bobtach. Source:http://procure.ohio.gov/pricelist/800155pricelist.pdf. This sounds like a decent price with everything included. Just make sure its the machine you want. I wont say anything bad about this model machine, I own its predecessor (753). In saying all of that, it wouldnt hurt to look at a larger/wider machine with a longer wheel base and more lifting capacity. A 763 or 773G model both fit that catagory and are proven workers. I know you mentioned you would possible remove stumps with the backhoe attachment. Keep in mind a bobcat hoe isnt going to remove anything very large. Operating heavy equipment for over 25 years I have removed my share of stumps. They are tougher than most people imagine. Normally, I use a large excavator (cat 330) with a thumb attachment for the job. Even with something that big, stumps are stubborn. For gathering firewood a bobcat is a must, its as important as my chainsaw. For that my 753 fits the bill perfect. It can snake between trees that a larger machine cannot. Plus my 753 handles my 100" snow bucket without any issues. Its very rare that my 753 runs into something it cant handle. But if something does come up, I have the luxury of bringing home a larger machine from work to assist. I'm not trying to confuse you, but rather see a buyer explore all options. Once you decide on a machine, its going to be yours for a long time.
Reaperman, you're talking about a different machine. The machine he is referring to is the S150, not the S130. So it is the replacement for the 763 non turbo machine.

reaperman

Reaperman, you're talking about a different machine. The machine he is referring to is the S150, not the S130. So it is the replacement for the 763 non turbo machine.
Sorry, for some reason I had a 130 stuck on my mind, disregard my post, but add about $1500 to the retail list price.