what do you guys think of a 4640e turbo gehl

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

daved

Hi all, I realize this is the bobcat forum but I didnt recieve replys on the gehl forum. Anyway I have a chance to buy a 2006 4640e turbo with 1500 hours , in cherry condition. I know the guy who had it, the only thing its done is pick up stacks of pallets by an older guy who takes very good care of it. He has had very good luck with it he just trades every few years. I finally got a for sure price, 12,500 us. The only bucket work was loading mulch he grinds old pallets into. I think it has hand controls and high flow hydraulics. I am used to bobcat controls but I think I could adapt. This would be a step up from my 743. Hopefully the bobcat guys have fell into a gehl before and you can tell me if gehl makes a good machine and if it a good price. What ive seen on computer for sale this seems about 2500 dollars cheaper than anywhere ive found.

Tazza

Staff member
I have never worked on one, there aren't many over here in Australia. The main thing to do is see how easily parts can be bought. There is no point in buying a mcahine thats in great shape and later find out you can't get parts if it was to break down. This is especially true if it has computers, solenoids or abnormal senders. I'd start looking at that area then decide.

skidsteer.ca

Price don't seem bad for a 06, some of the other brands besides bobcat and cat gennerally are 10 to 20 % less. Never used a gehl but believe they are a decent machine with good or average product support if required.
Try contacting a couple of gehl dealers around you to see what they are asking for simular machines
Ken

jester

Price don't seem bad for a 06, some of the other brands besides bobcat and cat gennerally are 10 to 20 % less. Never used a gehl but believe they are a decent machine with good or average product support if required.
Try contacting a couple of gehl dealers around you to see what they are asking for simular machines
Ken
That is a fair price I would think. Parts and service have always been good on mine. I would verify that it is high flow with a dealer before buying. Most have aux. hyd. but the high flow is not that common on the smaller units.

Land-Tech

That is a fair price I would think. Parts and service have always been good on mine. I would verify that it is high flow with a dealer before buying. Most have aux. hyd. but the high flow is not that common on the smaller units.
I have two 5635 and simply love them. I did have a rental 4640 for a month and was just as happy except fot smaller size and the backup alarm which drove me crazy. Scott