Want to add rear stabilizers. What's needed?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Heetseeker

843 with front aux hydraulics that I can run my backhoe with, but want a little more down pressure for the Hydraulic auger i'm going to be attaching soon. What's needed to add auxiliary hydraulic connections for the rear of this machine? I can build the rams and mounts.. Thanks!

Bobcatdan

Possibly the control vavle has a second unused aux section. Many 740 series did, not sure if 843 ever did. Plumbing up and using that could be an option. Other wise putting an electric diverter vavle into your standard aux circuit. Those are the two ideas that come to mind. Have to look at the unit and figure out what works best.

billrbg

Possibly the control vavle has a second unused aux section. Many 740 series did, not sure if 843 ever did. Plumbing up and using that could be an option. Other wise putting an electric diverter vavle into your standard aux circuit. Those are the two ideas that come to mind. Have to look at the unit and figure out what works best.
I think you lucked-out here. My info shows the 740-series and the 843 using the same 4-spool Control Valve. The rear aux is 2nd from the bottom, no linkage connected at the front of the spool.

OP
OP
H

Heetseeker

I think you lucked-out here. My info shows the 740-series and the 843 using the same 4-spool Control Valve. The rear aux is 2nd from the bottom, no linkage connected at the front of the spool.
That's great news! i'll pop the ROPS back and take a look. If I can tap into that control valve, i'll have to find a hydraulics diagram to guide me through the process. I'll try and find some bobcat stabilizers or consider making a set. Thanks for responding back!

billrbg

That's great news! i'll pop the ROPS back and take a look. If I can tap into that control valve, i'll have to find a hydraulics diagram to guide me through the process. I'll try and find some bobcat stabilizers or consider making a set. Thanks for responding back!
I have the hydraulic schematic for a **743** handy, email me if you want it; it's probably pretty similar. billrbg AT yahoo DOT com Replace the "AT" and "DOT" with usual symbols.

csm843

Can you post how your addition of stabilizers went. I'm about to attempt to add some to my 843