Wait time for New Gehl

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

jamesgingerich

So after some research and not finding what I really wanted…. Last week I put a 500 dollar deposit on a RT 165
The nice thing is I ordered it exactly the way I wanted it with the options and all that
Was told initially it would 10 to 12 months
Then my sales person said because it's not a cab model it could be here around the end of the year
Anyone have experience with this?
Since then I've heard of dealers orders being canceled that they placed for there own inventory…
Little nervous
I need this thing by next spring

Farmerdad

Not sure if it made a difference that the town I live in has a Gehl plant and a dealer that sells Gehl eqipment, but I placed an order for a R135 and Gehl had it done in about 6 weeks or so.

Wayne440

...told initially it would 10 to 12 months...then I've heard of dealers orders being canceled that they placed for there own inventory…
Little nervous...
I wouldn't worry about it for 2 reasons-
(1) It makes sense to place "sold" orders ahead of "for inventory".
(2) There is not much if anything you can do to speed up delivery of the machine.

OP
OP
J

jamesgingerich

Not sure if it made a difference that the town I live in has a Gehl plant and a dealer that sells Gehl eqipment, but I placed an order for a R135 and Gehl had it done in about 6 weeks or so.
Probably does make a difference on what dealer you order from

mrbb

right now so many things are out of the control of everyone, with supplies, parts, workers, being iffy at best .
I think its almost impossible for any dealer to be certain on when anything will or won;'t show up
its just the crappy times were in right now.

and then you also have to figure into the equation these days, that there is also folks like you that HAVE to have something by "X" date time frame, and when THERE item doesn't show up, they go else where to plan B, and that then gets someone else something sooner, as deals fall thru and the ordered item shows up to find the original buyer has gone else where already!
its why some times things magically show up WAY before expected, ,
its a strange world were living in these days !!~

OP
OP
J

jamesgingerich

right now so many things are out of the control of everyone, with supplies, parts, workers, being iffy at best .
I think its almost impossible for any dealer to be certain on when anything will or won;'t show up
its just the crappy times were in right now.

and then you also have to figure into the equation these days, that there is also folks like you that HAVE to have something by "X" date time frame, and when THERE item doesn't show up, they go else where to plan B, and that then gets someone else something sooner, as deals fall thru and the ordered item shows up to find the original buyer has gone else where already!
its why some times things magically show up WAY before expected, ,
its a strange world were living in these days !!~
Very true
Some orders get canceled as folks can't wait that long…. Then that unit can get moved up the line
I talked to a rental guy…. He had a Rt165 on order
Someone cancelled and he was supposed to get it in really soon
Well that's been 2 months ago and still no track loader
So who knows
Heard there is a national shortage of ECU modules as well

Latest posts