VTS versatile track system

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

rollingo16

Can anyone with this system tell me how they like it? Any brake downs? Track life? Does it rob a lot of power?

Bob Horrell

I have had a set on my Bobcat S250 since late last December. I love them. They have already paid for themselves because I have had many jobs I would not be able to do without them. I have had no problems in about 400 hours. The tracks are wearing exceptionally well. I only use them in dirt; I use my skiploader when working on concrete or asphalt. My fuel consumption may have increased slightly, but I haven't really noticed them robbing power. I can still spin them easily at 2/3 throttle. I had Grouser over the tire steel tracks before and these are a real step up in what you can do with them. I just checked the track tension on them the other day and they still don't need adjusting. I have yet to adjust them - they just aren't stretching. This is a good thing. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Bob

rubbertrax

I have had a set on my Bobcat S250 since late last December. I love them. They have already paid for themselves because I have had many jobs I would not be able to do without them. I have had no problems in about 400 hours. The tracks are wearing exceptionally well. I only use them in dirt; I use my skiploader when working on concrete or asphalt. My fuel consumption may have increased slightly, but I haven't really noticed them robbing power. I can still spin them easily at 2/3 throttle. I had Grouser over the tire steel tracks before and these are a real step up in what you can do with them. I just checked the track tension on them the other day and they still don't need adjusting. I have yet to adjust them - they just aren't stretching. This is a good thing. Let me know if you have any specific questions. Bob
I'm curious rollingo16, did you end up buying the VTS system? Any feedback on the tracks? I hope you are having the same success as Bob. These are the same brand tracks that we sell aftermarket for the bobcat track loaders, in fact it is the same track as the T 200 only two links different. I have been very impressed with this track over the past few years, it gets very close to the OEM track lifespan and it makes most aftermarket tracks look very weak in comparison. We have had less than ten warrany claims on this track in three years. It is good to hear some positive feedback from the Loegering VTS users. It is a very expensive conversion system from what I hear, I really don't know the cost, but it sounds like they really are worth it. We have offered the Protrac over the tire system in the past, but it sounds like the VTS and the Goodyear trackman conversion system products are worth the investment. Scott
Rubbertrax, Inc.

Albert

I own a 246 cat and a 226 cat both are fitted with the VTS system we do swimming pool demolition and are extremely roung on them, our track life is short but the VTS is a great system, I have had two sets of tracks delaminate , but loegering handled the problem. The system for the large set run around 12 to 15 thousand and the small set run around 10 to 11 thousand. Beacuse we work in conditions where we run over rebar and concret the VTS sytem is great because there are no hoses feeding the drive motor such as ASV or cat 287, or babcat t300 or any machine that carries its drive motors outside the frame. Loegering got it right. Hope this helps.

Eric

I own a 246 cat and a 226 cat both are fitted with the VTS system we do swimming pool demolition and are extremely roung on them, our track life is short but the VTS is a great system, I have had two sets of tracks delaminate , but loegering handled the problem. The system for the large set run around 12 to 15 thousand and the small set run around 10 to 11 thousand. Beacuse we work in conditions where we run over rebar and concret the VTS sytem is great because there are no hoses feeding the drive motor such as ASV or cat 287, or babcat t300 or any machine that carries its drive motors outside the frame. Loegering got it right. Hope this helps.
Bob and Albert, are your vts tracks still holding up well?
Im thinking about getting a set in November for my new S300.

Albert

Bob and Albert, are your vts tracks still holding up well?
Im thinking about getting a set in November for my new S300.
Eric: I have had great success with the vts, I have two sets the small 12 inch and the larger 18 inch both are exceptional in all the applications we run in. We do demolition and primarily demo swimming pools which means our conditions are quite harsh, we go through some tracks but the VTS has held up fantastic. Hope this helps. Hey if you geta chance check out the Demo-Dozer, The VTS and the Demo-Dozer together are a bulletproof combination.

Bobcat743773

Eric: I have had great success with the vts, I have two sets the small 12 inch and the larger 18 inch both are exceptional in all the applications we run in. We do demolition and primarily demo swimming pools which means our conditions are quite harsh, we go through some tracks but the VTS has held up fantastic. Hope this helps. Hey if you geta chance check out the Demo-Dozer, The VTS and the Demo-Dozer together are a bulletproof combination.
Eric did you ever decide to go ahead with the VTS. If anybody else has any input on the VTS I would be interested to hear. From everything I see I would like to get a set for my next skid, seems to be holding up together better than dedicated CTL are. Plus I like the ability to take off if a guy wanted to.

Eric

Eric did you ever decide to go ahead with the VTS. If anybody else has any input on the VTS I would be interested to hear. From everything I see I would like to get a set for my next skid, seems to be holding up together better than dedicated CTL are. Plus I like the ability to take off if a guy wanted to.
I never did get the system. The specific job I was going to buy them for change in the building design which didnt require a tracked machine. I still want them. I just dont have a job to justify the $16,000 price tag.

Rubbertrax2

To all VTS owners, we currently offer an aftermarket solution to your needs. If your track is in need of replacement please give us a call for a quote. Thanks.