Using truck tires on small skid loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

wisconsin_cowman

I have a question on using truck tires on my Lahman Little Dipper. I am thinking using 205/75/15 tire on this skid loader. This skid loader will not get that much use. Use it mostly for snow and would put tire chains on it any way. Now I priced out some 7.00x15 skid loader tires and asked about using the 205/75/15 tires. The tire guy said it would be pouncing when using it. I have never used truck tires on other skid loaders so I am looking of other opinions from people who tried this on a small skid loader before.

earmuffs

i had a set on a gehl 3825 and they worked good in the barn but on dry concrete they were no fun. flexing and leaving black marks, it felt hard to turn because of the soft sidewalls. i would do it if not using on concrete or blacktop

i had a set on a gehl 3825 and they worked good in the barn but on dry concrete they were no fun. flexing and leaving black marks, it felt hard to turn because of the soft sidewalls. i would do it if not using on concrete or blacktop
try to find the coarsest tires you can find. trailmark wintermarks would not be a bad choice. keep the pressures high to minimize flex. I think you can still get lt215/75r/15 but you could always use 235/75r/15.