used trencher

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I found a used trencher, in excellent shape, for sale. Can you guys suggest a fair price I should pay. It's not a BC trencher. He want's $2000....

skidsteer.ca

2 k don't sound bad for one in good shape, how long is the boom? what brand?
I'd like to scoop one up for my rentals, seems anything that looks like it will work brings 2k and on up to 3K or so
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

I'd like to scoop one up for my rentals, seems anything that looks like it will work brings 2k and on up to 3K or so
Ken
Correction, it was purchased from BC but, it is not manufactured by BC and, it will need new teeth.
Will this make any difference??, how much is it worth now?.

Thanks

OP
OP
P

perry

Correction, it was purchased from BC but, it is not manufactured by BC and, it will need new teeth.
Will this make any difference??, how much is it worth now?.

Thanks
4 foot boom

skidsteer.ca

Ken
Depends on cost of parts needed, I'd price them.
Bobcat has one of the most reconized brands, so that keeps resale value up some, but there are lots of reputable companys making these, bobcat likely just put there tag on one of those units.
As far as function I doubt there is much difference. I have never seen one that looked less then 10 years old bring less then 2k if it looked like it would work, regardless of brand, and on up from there.
Not sure what new ones are, but wuld bet they are 3500 to 4k Anything working, made by a company thats been around awhile,generally stays worth 1/2 of new. Age is not so much a factor as how much it has been used,
Is this its first set of teeth, or several sets?
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Depends on cost of parts needed, I'd price them.
Bobcat has one of the most reconized brands, so that keeps resale value up some, but there are lots of reputable companys making these, bobcat likely just put there tag on one of those units.
As far as function I doubt there is much difference. I have never seen one that looked less then 10 years old bring less then 2k if it looked like it would work, regardless of brand, and on up from there.
Not sure what new ones are, but wuld bet they are 3500 to 4k Anything working, made by a company thats been around awhile,generally stays worth 1/2 of new. Age is not so much a factor as how much it has been used,
Is this its first set of teeth, or several sets?
Ken
I'm not sure how many time thay have been changed, looking at it again this morning, any idea what the teeth cost?.

skidsteer.ca

I'm not sure how many time thay have been changed, looking at it again this morning, any idea what the teeth cost?.
No idea on cost, but I bought a used bobcat tiller that seller said "teeth are showing wear" which meant "needs replaced soon" they are $19 a piece, over $500 for a set in canada, I'm going to check in US, where I hope its cheaper.
In your case I'd take the mod and ser# and call a dealer for a quote?
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
No idea on cost, but I bought a used bobcat tiller that seller said "teeth are showing wear" which meant "needs replaced soon" they are $19 a piece, over $500 for a set in canada, I'm going to check in US, where I hope its cheaper.
In your case I'd take the mod and ser# and call a dealer for a quote?
Ken
Ken, have you considered giving them a lick with hard facing rods? or are they just too worn?

OP
OP
P

perry

I may build them back up if I can't find a better price. I think they should be built up then hard surfaced. likely a day of welding, Not sure if there would be much of a savings, maybe $150.00
Ken
My trencher is a BRADCO 617 4' boom, called BC this morning, teeth $7.50 each and idler pulley assembly $200.00
I don't believe I got a good deal on this, Gotta get busy and make that back.

Latest posts