Universal Joint on 1990 575 Skid Loader

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

MrBNew

Hello, just bought my first skid steer and am going through it before I get started doing any work. In the manual it shows there is a UV joint that takes grease under the seat. I looked for about 2 hours for it and cannot figure out where it is. Anyone know the general area where it is? Thanks

Tazza

Staff member
Never worked on one, but it should be linking the pump and motor together. It may be hard to see or feel, but that is the general location it should be.

OP
OP
M

MrBNew

Never worked on one, but it should be linking the pump and motor together. It may be hard to see or feel, but that is the general location it should be.
Thanks Tazza, thats what I was thinking too but from the back of the motor it goes into what looks like a transmission. No space between at all. Is it possible that it doesnt have one?

OP
OP
M

MrBNew

Ah ha, after trying to find a replacement U-joint for the 575 I found out that it is only available for the 570 model. Soooo I am going to assume there isnt one. Hopefully this helps someone else so they dont look for it for hours like I did :)

jerry

Ah ha, after trying to find a replacement U-joint for the 575 I found out that it is only available for the 570 model. Soooo I am going to assume there isnt one. Hopefully this helps someone else so they dont look for it for hours like I did :)
If you go to the deere site they have exploded parts diagrams of the machines, I did see a double u joint in the 570 but did not look up the 575. It is a easy site to navigate.