TURBOS

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

T2skid

I was told that when I am hauling my skid backwards on the trailer down the highway that I should be covering up my exhaust. He said that the wind entering into the exhaust causes the turbo to spin and lock up because there is no oil going to it. I was wanting to know whether anyone has herd of or had this problem. I started covering mine up just to be safe as new turbods are not cheap.

skidsteer.ca

Thats a farely common practice in these parts. My uncle woofed the turbo out of his 740 JD that way. Went to drive it off the float at the job site and black smoke everywhere, barely run. We found bits of the compressor several feet up the intake piping inside the air filter. I imagine some of it went through the engine too
Ken

thetool

Thats a farely common practice in these parts. My uncle woofed the turbo out of his 740 JD that way. Went to drive it off the float at the job site and black smoke everywhere, barely run. We found bits of the compressor several feet up the intake piping inside the air filter. I imagine some of it went through the engine too
Ken
My father went to NAPA and bought a flapper for his T300. Works great, stays closed when hauled backwards on a trailer up to 200 mph......=).

OP
OP
T

T2skid

My father went to NAPA and bought a flapper for his T300. Works great, stays closed when hauled backwards on a trailer up to 200 mph......=).
Thats a good idea Ill have to look into one thanks for the input.