Aftermarket Turbos for Deutz BF4M1011F Bobcat 873?????

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1stbobcat

Ok newby here and 1st time Bobcat Owner. Picked up an 873 that was poorly maintained as I'm finding out as I go. Trying to get her back up to speed. Deutz BF4M1011F and needing a new Turbo. Bobcat want $2175 for new one, $1593 for Reman. I opted for the Reman (carries same warranty as new I believe) but I'm seeing them for sale online for like $295 and $399 from Usedbobcatparts says they are NEW. I realize they will be aftermarket, but not sure if they're made in China or what. But as a former Case/New Holland Supply Chain man we got a lot of our parts from China and to be honest, the Radiators that we bought from Chinese Supplier were 100% better than the the ones we bought from Adams Thermal Systems in North Dakota. Just wondering if anyone has had any experience with these aftermarket Turbos that are selling on ebay? All the feedback that I saw on the Turbos from buyers said good quality parts and perfect, thanks a lot etc. All positive feedback. Now I don't know if they still felt that way after running that turbo for a year or two but I will only be using my machine to clear some trees around my home here in KS to get it ready to sell and then I'll be clearing 2.5 acres for my new home in Oklahoma and after that it will only be used sporadically. I told them to go ahead at Whitestar Machinery our local bobcat dealer in Wichita with the Reman'd Turbo, but now I'm seriously thinking that maybe I should call and cancel and have them install and aftermarket one???? Is it really worth the extra $1000-1200 to go with the Bobcat part?

OP
OP

1stbobcat

Oh cmon guys, 14 people have read my post and nobody has an opinion about taking a chance on aftermarket Turbos? C'mon don't be shy, get right in here and kick it up! LOL

Tazza

Staff member
Oh cmon guys, 14 people have read my post and nobody has an opinion about taking a chance on aftermarket Turbos? C'mon don't be shy, get right in here and kick it up! LOL
I for one, read all posts, that means they have been viewed, doesn't mean i have anything to add to said post.
The price does seem a bit cheap, it could just mean that bobcat have a far higher markup than the ebay seller does. The only way to know for usre is to buy one and put it through it's paces.
Never know, the bobcat one may be from the same manufacturer.

7LBSSMALLIE

doubt a dealer will install an aftermarket, if they do youre going to sign off on it. if it shrapnels into intake. as tough as a deutz is she aint going to like. it

OP
OP

1stbobcat

doubt a dealer will install an aftermarket, if they do youre going to sign off on it. if it shrapnels into intake. as tough as a deutz is she aint going to like. it
Thanks for the feedback. I decided not to risk it this time and go with the dealer part, that way if it does go, it will be warrantied for more than 30 days and hopefully Bobcat only stocks the quality parts. A local Diesel shop priced one shipped from Germany for $2400 OUCH! That one must have been straight from Deutz. I'm going with a Bobcat Remf'd for 1593 verses 2125 for the Bobcat New. Hopefully I won't need another on this unit. Thanks for kicking in!

OP
OP

1stbobcat

Thanks for the feedback. I decided not to risk it this time and go with the dealer part, that way if it does go, it will be warrantied for more than 30 days and hopefully Bobcat only stocks the quality parts. A local Diesel shop priced one shipped from Germany for $2400 OUCH! That one must have been straight from Deutz. I'm going with a Bobcat Remf'd for 1593 verses 2125 for the Bobcat New. Hopefully I won't need another on this unit. Thanks for kicking in!
For the record, the site is not letting me respond to Tazza's post. Keep getting a Null error for some reason. But thanks for the feedback Tazza!

Latest posts