Traction Lock

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

RJS

When my 864G has the 811 backhoe attachment hookedup the traction lock sticks and won't release unless I move it back and fourth real hard. My local bobcat dealer said it was a bad wiring cable and $800 later it still has the same problem. Now they want more to Check it out! Does anybody have an idea?

Tazza

Staff member
That sounds more like a sticky solenoid than a cable.
Does your brake stick? or is it only when you use your traction lock?
It is normal to have to take the pressure off the brake to get it to release some times but not when you need to really force it.

OP
OP
R

RJS

That sounds more like a sticky solenoid than a cable.
Does your brake stick? or is it only when you use your traction lock?
It is normal to have to take the pressure off the brake to get it to release some times but not when you need to really force it.
Hey Tazza, Thanks for your response, The sticky solinoid sounds possible, the brakes do not stick at any other time , thats why I thought about the tractionlock, it just seems like a lot of pressure and pushing the controls back and fourth to unstick the lock. All other attachments are ok , grouser blade etc. I'll check out the solinoid to the tractionlock and see what up, Thanks again you sure know what your talking about. RJS

Tazza

Staff member
Hey Tazza, Thanks for your response, The sticky solinoid sounds possible, the brakes do not stick at any other time , thats why I thought about the tractionlock, it just seems like a lot of pressure and pushing the controls back and fourth to unstick the lock. All other attachments are ok , grouser blade etc. I'll check out the solinoid to the tractionlock and see what up, Thanks again you sure know what your talking about. RJS
Well if you say your brake dis-engages just fine it doesn't sound like its your problem.... As far as I'm aware, your BICS box controls your park brake which is where the traction lock override button connects to. It wouldn't hurt checking the solenoid if it still seems good, you can try the relay.

Fishfiles

Well if you say your brake dis-engages just fine it doesn't sound like its your problem.... As far as I'm aware, your BICS box controls your park brake which is where the traction lock override button connects to. It wouldn't hurt checking the solenoid if it still seems good, you can try the relay.
864 is the pre-T200 and a tracked machine it doesn't have the same solinoid parking brake set up like a wheeled machine , the brake is controlled by pressure which is applied thru a manifold valve , if you shake the machine and it releases , I would think that a wire is shorting some where or hs a bad connection or the valve is sticking

OP
OP
R

RJS

864 is the pre-T200 and a tracked machine it doesn't have the same solinoid parking brake set up like a wheeled machine , the brake is controlled by pressure which is applied thru a manifold valve , if you shake the machine and it releases , I would think that a wire is shorting some where or hs a bad connection or the valve is sticking
Thanks Tazza and Fishfiles for your professional approch to my problem, I now realize that I also have trouble with my parking brake on my 864G, it does not work and has a dragging sound when I move the machine, sooo... It sound like its a trip to the dealer for me, this is way above my mechanical ability, and probably way above my finances too. I appriciate the forum and all the fellow operators and techs that contribute their input. RJS

Tazza

Staff member
Thanks Tazza and Fishfiles for your professional approch to my problem, I now realize that I also have trouble with my parking brake on my 864G, it does not work and has a dragging sound when I move the machine, sooo... It sound like its a trip to the dealer for me, this is way above my mechanical ability, and probably way above my finances too. I appriciate the forum and all the fellow operators and techs that contribute their input. RJS
Do let us know how you go.... It shouldn't be that expensive... i hope!

Latest posts