Toyota sdk8 info needed

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

frank b

I just bought a Toyota SDK8 and I'm looking for some help and info. I have it running and working but there is a loud knocking from the left front corner as it's turning. Sounds like someone is hitting the side with a hammer. It doesn't matter which direction it turns, or which lever is moved forward or back in order to turn it. Anyone experience this? Also, does anyone know of a parts list for these machines? I found a repair manual online,
http://www.z-car.com/SDK8/Toyota_Skid_Steer_sdk6-8_repair_manual.pdf

OP
OP
F

frank b

What series SDK8 is it? Is it only when turning?
Sorry for the delayed response Scottie, I didn't see your post. It is only while turning, or when you only use one stick. Either stick left or right. It sounds like it's coming from the center of the left side. I pulled the wheels and side cover off to take a look and the chains seem very sloppy. I have to open it back up when I can properly measure the chain to see if they stretched. By the looks of them, I think they did stretch and maybe the rear chain has stretched more than the front and the difference is causing the chain to bind or jump. I just changed the oil in both final drives for now. I want to find a good source for chain before I dig too deep. The manual says it's RS80HT chain, but all I can find is RS80. The HT is stronger and it is different for the sdk8, the sdk6 and 7 use the standard rs80. What do you mean by series? It has 2sdk8 on the number plate but I can't recall if it had any other numbers. It's and older 80's model I think, maybe early 90's. 2J diesel engine. It's like the one in this pic I found online, but mine has been painted a generic construction yellow by someone. It looks like it was baby blue at one time. http://www.aussietraders.com.au/images/ads/640/7c8e33a94dfc4ea40be9e52935daceab.JPG How do you post pics on this message board?

Latest posts