tooth bar or??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1816case

I just have a small 1816 skid so not much will help it dig too much.. But the bucket is in perfect shape (42") and thought maybe cutting down a longer tooth bar and adapting it to it.. or drilling holes for just individual teeth? Wont the teeth alone tend to distort the bucket edge more so than the extra bar across with teeth on it? Is it even worth the hassle? I do want to move some gravel this summer and with 'luck' try to dig out a culvert under thin layer of gravel. I doubt be enough umph.. but will try.

lesgawlik

I had a tooth bar made for my 1816. It's pretty handy, and well worth the money. The bucket is so small the cost is small. I didn't go with individual teeth, as I thought the bar would be easier to get on and off. You'd be surprised what you can do with that little thing. I dug out a wide French drain/dry well for my fiancee. I was digging in very dense clay, and it took awhile, but I got it dug out and filled with gravel with just that machine.

jerry

I had a tooth bar made for my 1816. It's pretty handy, and well worth the money. The bucket is so small the cost is small. I didn't go with individual teeth, as I thought the bar would be easier to get on and off. You'd be surprised what you can do with that little thing. I dug out a wide French drain/dry well for my fiancee. I was digging in very dense clay, and it took awhile, but I got it dug out and filled with gravel with just that machine.
I think a tooth bar is the best thing you can add on a skidsteer. If you find a good used one that is longer so much the better because you can always add the part back in to fit a wider bucket later. Mine has been on 3 buckets of different widths so far. Used to be a weld shop down south that made them for 200 or 300, well worth the money.