Tooth Bucket Teeth Replacement.

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

redlee

I have an Edge toothed bucket with welded on teeth also crimped on. How in the heck do you replace these teeth ? I emailed Edge no response.
The teeth sit in a pocket and are crimped in.
I was considering cutting/grinding to remove them and get a bolt on set.
Thanks
bucket.jpg
tooth.jpg

brdgbldr

I had a bucket like that way back when. The tips of the teeth were pinned on to the welded part. Thus the tips were replaceable.

The problem came when the cutting edge wore out, you had to replace the whole thing.

foton

I think I would cut off a tooth and look at the mount and see if it is compatible with the tooth pocket that you would like to use and then weld them on the mount. That should be a lot less involved than cutting and grinding off the tooth mounts.

ddbackhoe

I have an Edge toothed bucket with welded on teeth also crimped on. How in the heck do you replace these teeth ? I emailed Edge no response.
The teeth sit in a pocket and are crimped in.
I was considering cutting/grinding to remove them and get a bolt on set.
Thanks
View attachment 3519View attachment 3520
cutoff wheel but be careful not to cut the shank. Heat new tooth, install on shank, whack straight on with a hammer to make sure its seated, heat the tooth and use a punch and hammer to crimp the tooth on. Some people tack them too just to make sure they stay put.

wings5j

Years ago I had this same problem. My solution was to find a new cutting edge. A local machinery company had one that was longer than I needed, 5/8ths inch thick (Bobcat factory edge at the time was 1/2" thick), which I think was in my favor. It also had a series of plow bolt holes.

I went home and cut off the whole edge, leaving the welded on teeth in place. I put holes in it to match the ones in my new straight edge and using plow bolts (flush on the bottom side) I can bolt on the digging edge whenever I need it (which isn't very often).

Just an idea.