Toolcat Suddenly stops

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

dougbigfoot

Moving dirt about 400' using rabbit mode, disengage when loading and dumping. At a certain point when I disengage it would travel raggedly then stop travel and get the red warning symbol. Restart then it worked again for a short period.
Finally got to the point where it will only engage for a few feet then stop. Will go in reverse at engine idle.
Any ideas?
Thanks

OP
OP
D

dougbigfoot

Moving dirt about 400' using rabbit mode, disengage when loading and dumping. At a certain point when I disengage it would travel raggedly then stop travel and get the red warning symbol. Restart then it worked again for a short period.
Finally got to the point where it will only engage for a few feet then stop. Will go in reverse at engine idle.
Any ideas?
Thanks
Took it to Bobcat Fargo and they could get it to do exactly what I described. Said it would only do it when executing a left turn! Checked out sensors, coils, wiring and could find nothing. Decided to try using their test panel to rule that out. Turns out my toolcat was too old to accept their test panel. So they put old panel on computer to check software, which checked out ok, and reinstalled it. It has worked just fine since and they have no clue why it was acting up and why it works now!
They haven't billed me yet cause he said he can't charge me for all the hours they have in it.
Doug

Wayne440

If they "they have no clue why it was acting up and why it works now", I would expect a huge discount on "all the hours they have in it" anyway.
You shouldn't be charged for their learning process.