Too firm foot controls

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

2005DMAX

Hi all, I just purchased a 2002 model 753 with 1800 Hrs on it. Is there any way to decrease the pressure required to operate the foot control pedals. I want to be able to feather the controls better. I cleaned and lubed everything up, so there is no binding anywhere. Wondering if there are springs that can be removed or put in lighter springs. Any help would be appreciated.

skidsteer.ca

The resistance you feel is the springs in the hydraulic control valve at the other end of the linkage. No idea if the make light ones, but they must be strong enough to center the linkage too. Usually lubing the linkage make things come around.
Ken

Fishfiles

You might want to reseal the controll valve spool seals , while in there polish the spools with light emery paper and clean out the springs and caps , and slide the spool thru the vavle a few times to check for binding , with 1800 hours it is a good chance that the seals where changed before , I have seen where someone had put the new seal into the vavle bore and didn't removed the old one and had two seal in the placce of one and it was very stiff