Tires ?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tlawdogg

Looking for Pros & Cons on tires for my 863F skid. It is used in mostly dirt & mud on our farm. Possible snow use in the future. I want to buy a set (rims & tires) to last awhile. Was looking at SKS 753's, Galaxy hulk L5. 12 16.5 in size. I have Solid's on there now (Completely bald) came that way. Any input would be great. Since the set is not cheap. -T

foton

I got at out local co-op carlslyle (that is spelled wrong) severe duty tires I think they are 14 ply, I have been real happy with them . They do have rim guards too. can not help you with rims.

OP
OP
T

Tlawdogg

I got at out local co-op carlslyle (that is spelled wrong) severe duty tires I think they are 14 ply, I have been real happy with them . They do have rim guards too. can not help you with rims.
Carlisle tires. Which Models. I see a few listed. Thank you

OP
OP
T

Tlawdogg

ultra guard series in real big letters on the sidewall
Carlisle: Found a set. American made too ! Calling Monday to get a price on a set delivered & ready to mount. Camso are Canadian. Good reviews. Those Hulk L5 are from India. Good reviews.

foton

Carlisle: Found a set. American made too ! Calling Monday to get a price on a set delivered & ready to mount. Camso are Canadian. Good reviews. Those Hulk L5 are from India. Good reviews.
I think you will like the depth of the treads , the guys at the co-op say they outlast any other tire they have seen. I think because of the tread depth. unless you are really good and determined the sidewall at 14 ply is really stiff so pros are in order to put them on the rims.

OP
OP
T

Tlawdogg

I think you will like the depth of the treads , the guys at the co-op say they outlast any other tire they have seen. I think because of the tread depth. unless you are really good and determined the sidewall at 14 ply is really stiff so pros are in order to put them on the rims.
Foton, I am going to order Tires & Rims already mounted and ready to work! That's how this company sells them!. I do not want to deal with mounting 14 Ply tires. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your time. T

farmshop

Foton, I am going to order Tires & Rims already mounted and ready to work! That's how this company sells them!. I do not want to deal with mounting 14 Ply tires. I will keep you posted. Thank you for your time. T
Galaxy hulks are good tires. The Carlisle ultra guards are good too. If you are in much mud I would look into a regular tread. The block style of the industrial tires doesn't clean well. Best I have found have been galaxy beefy baby or Titan xd2002

[email protected]

Galaxy hulks are good tires. The Carlisle ultra guards are good too. If you are in much mud I would look into a regular tread. The block style of the industrial tires doesn't clean well. Best I have found have been galaxy beefy baby or Titan xd2002
I ordered a set camso sks753s on rims, on ebay for i think $1150 a couple years ago. the traction is outstanding, and the best snow tire for a bobcat i've ever used.

OP
OP
T

Tlawdogg

I ordered a set camso sks753s on rims, on ebay for i think $1150 a couple years ago. the traction is outstanding, and the best snow tire for a bobcat i've ever used.
I have Heard & read good things on Camso SKS 753 tires. I am now pricing them out. Thank you! T

OP
OP
T

Tlawdogg

I have Heard & read good things on Camso SKS 753 tires. I am now pricing them out. Thank you! T
Okay, I ordered Camso SKS 753 Tires 12-16.5 Complete set (Ready to Work). Should be here by Wednesday. Thank you for your time! I will report back once I put on and use a bit. Stay Safe. T