Tire-to-rim size question..

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

1816case

I have case 1816 with factory tires/rims. The skid also came with 4 wider tires&rims (205/70/15's). The tires were shot and rims very rusted. I bought 4 used 12hole rims with tires on just to get the rims (I have 4 brand new 205/70/15's) to put on- But two of the rims were 6" wide and 2 were 5" wide? But all had old H70 tires on them.. I think my factory ones are 5.90 wide , which would be wider than the 2 5" ones so does that mean my new 205 tires would fit on the 5" or factory 5.9" rims? I thought the 4 used ones I bought were all 6" but.. not the case.

mark18mwm

5" or 6" you will never know the difference on a skidsteer. If you already have them, use them. I have mounted 205's on wheels from 5"-8" for off road trailers and pure stock dirt race cars. The only issue with to wide of wheel is seating the bead if you don't use a tube. just make sure the wheel back spacing (often called offset, the measurement from the mounting flange on the wheel to the outer part of the back side of the wheel) is going to work on the skidsteer so the tires wont rub on the machine when mounted.