Hydraulic Couplings tough to connect

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Reds Skid Steers

Non flat faced hydraulic couplings are dang near impossible to connect to their couplers. Ideas on how others get them to connect. I release the pressure by moving the sticks to help but still really really tough.

Phil314

Non flat faced hydraulic couplings are dang near impossible to connect to their couplers. Ideas on how others get them to connect. I release the pressure by moving the sticks to help but still really really tough.

Replace them with flat faced couplers.
Don't leak, easy to connect, not that expensive.
And you'll also be compatible with other attachments.
One of the first things I did on my 1845c.

jp8775

I just shut the machine off to hook up the tools I have with the old style couplers. Flat face couplers work just fine when skid is running. I made an adapter that goes from old to new. So I did not have to replace all my fittings.

I used to struggle connecting flat faced male to female fittings on hoses for the 4 in 1 bucket on a Bobcat 763. Then I read that by simply pressing the hydraulic hose in part of the way it activates some form simple relief valve system. It you press the fitting in just part of the way, pause a few seconds, and then press a little harder it will travel in all the way easily. I was skepical, but tried it and son of gun, it works! Pressing the fittings together becomes quite easy if you make it a two step process as described.
Hope this helps. Good luck!

OP
OP
R

Reds Skid Steers

Thanks all. That coupling tool looks like the way to go....but..... thats a lot of money for a tool that you can buy at any menards or box store for about 15 bucks (the blue clamp) wood binding tool. But, maybe the ends that they put on the tool cost that much to fabricate. I'm wondering it there are any other tools like that one that's not almost 100.00 buckareanos?

Chris 8603

Changing to flat face would be cheaper, even if you make a old style to new style adapter to leave on your attachment or even hook up the adapter first to the attachment and then hook to the flat face on the machine. That way you have both style connections also. I personally will never go back to the old style.

Latest posts