Tire Selection

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

SpaceCase614

I'm heading to buy tires tomorrow. They have retread skid steer tires with a truck tire tread on them or the standard skid steer tire. I was going to get the truck tire tread since it's a personal use machine and I don't want to tear up my property too much. A lot of what I do is plowing and using it as a fork lift or moving material around. Not much digging or traction requirements like a job site. My question is am I going to regret it later? Has anyone used the truck style tread and do you still get at least decent traction? Bobcat dealer told me in the snow it will be so much better, on grass a lot less tear up but in mud they will not be nearly as good. I don't have mud so I'm leaning that way. So far my standard tires which are pretty darn slick do well in the snow to plow me out so I can't imagine these will be any worse.

HarryN

how much are they going to run you ??
thats a good lookin tire
Jess
I would think you'll have the least yard tear out with your slick tires. Unless your tires are flat why not continue to use them. You said it's for personal use so you wouldn't be desperate to need a tire immediately if one has a problem. Just a thought. I have a friend who has two sets and uses his bald tires most of the time.

OP
OP
SpaceCase614

SpaceCase614

I would think you'll have the least yard tear out with your slick tires. Unless your tires are flat why not continue to use them. You said it's for personal use so you wouldn't be desperate to need a tire immediately if one has a problem. Just a thought. I have a friend who has two sets and uses his bald tires most of the time.
Two of my tires are pretty cut up and don't hold air .. I air them up, plow then park it again every time I have to use it. I picked up these tires this morning. They were purchased for another customer who didn't end up going through with the purchase so I got them for $160/tire. My current tires are bald in the center but still had decent lugs on the edge and it does a job on our ground. I know a lot has to do with the weight of the machine but I was hoping for just a bit less rutting and more traction on the snow/ice in the winter.

reaperman

Two of my tires are pretty cut up and don't hold air .. I air them up, plow then park it again every time I have to use it. I picked up these tires this morning. They were purchased for another customer who didn't end up going through with the purchase so I got them for $160/tire. My current tires are bald in the center but still had decent lugs on the edge and it does a job on our ground. I know a lot has to do with the weight of the machine but I was hoping for just a bit less rutting and more traction on the snow/ice in the winter.
Its hard not to rut up the turf with any skidloader tire. The secret is to go forward and back a lot making short turns along the way.