Tire Recommendation

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

beyoko

I bought a 4835 Gehl and need to replace the tires. Size on the machine is 12x16.5. Can you folk give me some recommendation on medium quality tires and where to get them at the best price? The machine is used on Georgia clay for personal/residential landscaping and basic dirt/gravel movement and grading. I won't get more than about 200 hours/year on the tires, but I like to buy quality stuff that will last me a long time. Thanks in advance, Earle

WebbCo

Well what ever you do make sure you buy the best you can afford. There are many good tires available. I sell Supergrip, but if you can find Galaxy and or OTR brands they are good too.
Also, any tire buyers out there best buy them soon tire prices are about to soar! You can thank Titan tire corp for that. They want high tariffs on skid steer tires that come from many Asian countries, because the tire they manufacure is made of man made rubber and costs more to build. They want prices of these imported tires to more match what they have to sell at to profit. Besides, their tires are not that good. They cant compete with real rubber from China /Tiwain etc...Just where are the rubber trees in the USA? It must be imported, Titan tire will have a monopoly on skid steer tires if they get the Department of Commerce to install high tariffs. Even with their all time sales they still want tariffs! Your tire expenses could double or triple very soon, and put a lot of American skid steer tires sellers out of business.
Whats next...passenger tires, rubber tracks....? This could snowball out of control.
http://www.titan-intl.com/content/20708
Mark

Fishfiles

Well what ever you do make sure you buy the best you can afford. There are many good tires available. I sell Supergrip, but if you can find Galaxy and or OTR brands they are good too.
Also, any tire buyers out there best buy them soon tire prices are about to soar! You can thank Titan tire corp for that. They want high tariffs on skid steer tires that come from many Asian countries, because the tire they manufacure is made of man made rubber and costs more to build. They want prices of these imported tires to more match what they have to sell at to profit. Besides, their tires are not that good. They cant compete with real rubber from China /Tiwain etc...Just where are the rubber trees in the USA? It must be imported, Titan tire will have a monopoly on skid steer tires if they get the Department of Commerce to install high tariffs. Even with their all time sales they still want tariffs! Your tire expenses could double or triple very soon, and put a lot of American skid steer tires sellers out of business.
Whats next...passenger tires, rubber tracks....? This could snowball out of control.
Mark
In my quest to find out what goes on with rubber tracks I have found that the same thing that happens with tracks goes on with tires , companies have their name imprinted onto the tire and don't really manufacture the tire

perry

Mark
Earle, Depending on where you live in Georgia, I buy mine here and they have all kinds of stuff. Haggle with the owner and you can get them for less than $90 each.

Tucker's Merchandise
6456 Highway 29
Grantville, GA 30220
(770) 583-2382

OP
OP
B

beyoko

Thanks for the replies folks !! I'm going after some OTRs at $95 each. Probably not a steal, but I don't have the time or inclination to spend any more time looking. Earle