tilt cylinder

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OP
OP
R

rdeyo

Does you bobtach have the stops (contacts the very bottom of boom on each side) it is supposed to hit those when you tilt cyl is at the end of its stroke. Maybey if these a missing the middle of the ram was pushed up by contacting the bobtach??? Just a guess. Is it bend to the side, up, down? If its the stops, could happen again!! Regards Ken
i'll check the stops...i took the cylinder to our local bobcat and he had it straightened 20.00 which was much better than 200.00 for a new shaft or 600.00 for a new cylinder!!!! i put it back in and finished putting oil in the res started it up and the tilt worked yay i must have air in the lines yet and i didnt want to lift the lift arms up to high becuse its still on jack stands.but no leaks so far....i had the hyd valve out becuse when you pushed the right handle over to aux it was almost impossible to get it out...i guess i could of got the spool cover (or whtever you call it) off from the back of the loader (but what fun would that of been) but i had the loader on the stands and it was too close to the garage door and at the time to cold to keep the door open lol....plus had 2 much stuff tore apart anyway i put that in twice cuze the guy at bobcat told me to turn the cap 1/4 turn and get a new detent ball and spring and that should fix it. i tried it (pushed it in and out on valve and it seemed to work not as easy as i thought it should be but it was better so i put it in and like a D.A. i hooked up all the metal hoses and THEN i tried it ...it locked in real smooth and then when i tried to get it out same thing..wouldnt come out.so i took it all apart and went to b.c. dealer and he gave me a different cap it was more beveled on the bottom so put that in and it workss(by the way its alot of fun putting that ball and spring in isnt it. i used a pen barrel and that actually worked pretty good)only lost 1 set it shot across the garage .then i did the front axel bearings and seals becuse the right side seal was leaking..good trick to get the bolts off the sprockets is to put the wrench on the bolt and use the bobcat to get them loose just start it up and use the handles either forward or reverse ..works good..so after the seals and bearings it was the bent tilt cylinder and finally i did the bushings in the steering linkages and footpedals so now i have to adjust the steering. its not to bad, but the right wheel turns slowly in neutral position .oh yeah i took out the brake pucks and turned them around .I think thats it.whew.. I just wanted to thank ! Ken (skidsteer.ca) Tazza Thank you gentleman for all your help getting me through it.It s always good to have someone to confirm things or to get info on others.......again Thank you guys and anyone else that might of helped me!!!!!!!!! so now what are you guys going to do? now that i'm not bugging you ???????? lol Randy

Tazza

Staff member
i'll check the stops...i took the cylinder to our local bobcat and he had it straightened 20.00 which was much better than 200.00 for a new shaft or 600.00 for a new cylinder!!!! i put it back in and finished putting oil in the res started it up and the tilt worked yay i must have air in the lines yet and i didnt want to lift the lift arms up to high becuse its still on jack stands.but no leaks so far....i had the hyd valve out becuse when you pushed the right handle over to aux it was almost impossible to get it out...i guess i could of got the spool cover (or whtever you call it) off from the back of the loader (but what fun would that of been) but i had the loader on the stands and it was too close to the garage door and at the time to cold to keep the door open lol....plus had 2 much stuff tore apart anyway i put that in twice cuze the guy at bobcat told me to turn the cap 1/4 turn and get a new detent ball and spring and that should fix it. i tried it (pushed it in and out on valve and it seemed to work not as easy as i thought it should be but it was better so i put it in and like a D.A. i hooked up all the metal hoses and THEN i tried it ...it locked in real smooth and then when i tried to get it out same thing..wouldnt come out.so i took it all apart and went to b.c. dealer and he gave me a different cap it was more beveled on the bottom so put that in and it workss(by the way its alot of fun putting that ball and spring in isnt it. i used a pen barrel and that actually worked pretty good)only lost 1 set it shot across the garage .then i did the front axel bearings and seals becuse the right side seal was leaking..good trick to get the bolts off the sprockets is to put the wrench on the bolt and use the bobcat to get them loose just start it up and use the handles either forward or reverse ..works good..so after the seals and bearings it was the bent tilt cylinder and finally i did the bushings in the steering linkages and footpedals so now i have to adjust the steering. its not to bad, but the right wheel turns slowly in neutral position .oh yeah i took out the brake pucks and turned them around .I think thats it.whew.. I just wanted to thank ! Ken (skidsteer.ca) Tazza Thank you gentleman for all your help getting me through it.It s always good to have someone to confirm things or to get info on others.......again Thank you guys and anyone else that might of helped me!!!!!!!!! so now what are you guys going to do? now that i'm not bugging you ???????? lol Randy
Excellent, glad you sorted out your problems. The air will bleed its self out of your system in time. Luckily i haven't had the joy of replacing detent balls, but i have heard from a few users on this forum that you need to buy a pack of balls for the job as you will always loose some.
Well, because you won't be *bugging* us, i can get back to finishing the work that i need to do to mine :)