thought all buckets were the same?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

evening guys,
been a while since i've been on here ..hope everyone is doing well...this is regarding my lx985's bucket. It came with the machine when i bought it used last year. On the top of bucket it has numbers welded in a bead so i assume it may have come from a rental place at one time. what happens is when you have the boom lowered and go to uncurl the bucket to "flat" (like you were parking it) the back of the bucket bottoms out . so for example when you would go to grade something you would need to have the boom lifted a little in order to uncurl the bucket to parallel. i gues i thought all buckets were the same..would this be a special design for something? do not get the option to add attachment,(pic),,did something happen? , thought i could before,
steve

Earthwerks Unlimited

How do I post pictues?
Why can't I post pictures?
Answer here http://www.skidsteerforum.com/DesktopDefault.aspx?tabid=54&frmView=ShowPost&PostID=2445
The bucket may ahve been made to be used with tracks, which lift the machine higher from the ground.
Ken
To check if it had tracks (if you don't know) look for scraped paint near the tires on the body of the machine.
Also, check that you have the right size tires AND rims--the 9's like yours use the bigger 14"(?) wide x taller tires as opposed to the 12" wide 8's of the same year. That's true of current 180 v. 190's.
BTW, the SAE standard for all skid steer attachments came about in 1996-1/2. Anything made before that was and could be made to fit only a particular mfg. Even New Holland had a different mounting style pre-1996-1/2. And Bobcat had an even larger mounting system for its huge 100 hp monster that weighed in at over 14,000 lb. by itself (I think it was called the 9 series). Sometimes you'll see on eBay 14' backhoe attachments and 8' buckets for the monster that guys will buy thinking it will fit the "smaller" machines but it won't. I almost bought one!

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

To check if it had tracks (if you don't know) look for scraped paint near the tires on the body of the machine.
Also, check that you have the right size tires AND rims--the 9's like yours use the bigger 14"(?) wide x taller tires as opposed to the 12" wide 8's of the same year. That's true of current 180 v. 190's.
BTW, the SAE standard for all skid steer attachments came about in 1996-1/2. Anything made before that was and could be made to fit only a particular mfg. Even New Holland had a different mounting style pre-1996-1/2. And Bobcat had an even larger mounting system for its huge 100 hp monster that weighed in at over 14,000 lb. by itself (I think it was called the 9 series). Sometimes you'll see on eBay 14' backhoe attachments and 8' buckets for the monster that guys will buy thinking it will fit the "smaller" machines but it won't. I almost bought one!
had another thought about this issue i'm having...every bucket , plow and land plane is bottoming out before the boom hits it stops by about 1.5 inches.....do LX 985's come with 14" tires from the factory? mine are currently 12" and mismatched so i know they have been off,
thanks,
steve

skidsteer.ca

had another thought about this issue i'm having...every bucket , plow and land plane is bottoming out before the boom hits it stops by about 1.5 inches.....do LX 985's come with 14" tires from the factory? mine are currently 12" and mismatched so i know they have been off,
thanks,
steve
My track supplier list that machine on 12 by 16.5 rubber.
http://tracksplus.com/findtrack3.asp?brand=New Holland&model=LX985
But yours may be an exception somehow.....?
The LS190 show both tire sizes available
http://tracksplus.com/findtrack3.asp?brand=New Holland&model=LS190
Ken

jerry

My track supplier list that machine on 12 by 16.5 rubber.
http://tracksplus.com/findtrack3.asp?brand=New Holland&model=LX985
But yours may be an exception somehow.....?
The LS190 show both tire sizes available
http://tracksplus.com/findtrack3.asp?brand=New Holland&model=LS190
Ken
Just got a lx665 with a new bucket on it and it does the same, when the bucket is flat the boom is up about 3/4 inch. The Bobcat I had was just the opposite, whe the boom was all the way down the bucket at flat position was about 2 inches off the ground. The tires on the bobcat were 10 inch and measured almost 30 inches tall whereas the tires on the lx665 are 10 inch and measure about 28. The dealer said the taller tires are not used as much anymore? I saw the same thing on a used cat loader with one bobcat wheel on it, two inches difference in tire diameter.

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

Just got a lx665 with a new bucket on it and it does the same, when the bucket is flat the boom is up about 3/4 inch. The Bobcat I had was just the opposite, whe the boom was all the way down the bucket at flat position was about 2 inches off the ground. The tires on the bobcat were 10 inch and measured almost 30 inches tall whereas the tires on the lx665 are 10 inch and measure about 28. The dealer said the taller tires are not used as much anymore? I saw the same thing on a used cat loader with one bobcat wheel on it, two inches difference in tire diameter.
9851.jpg NH985 image by xtreem3d