Thomas T133, and Thomas skidsteers in general

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bahmi

I've got a nice looking, functioning 133 near my home area and wonder if these machines, these Thomas skidsteers from some years ago, were considered a quality product, or some cheap junk unit? Were they dependable and solid? thanks Mike

skidsteer.ca

I think they were a solid no frills basic loader. I have never used one but there seems to be a lot of them out in southern Manitoba at dealers and on construction sites, and just about anywhere else. Believe that model has the Kubota 2203 diesel which is pretty much my first choice. Parts are readily available for them. I'd enquire on the pumps, hyd motors with some place like www.skidloaderpumps.com to see if they can rebuild them. I'd think they are common off the shelf from some major north American hydraulic supplier, but those folks would know. After that there is not much to go wrong that could not be repaired by any good heavy equipment mechanic.
Also you sound like a home user, if that's the case I'd think you will likely find you don't put many hours on in a year (100 or 200 is alot ) and will operate with greater care then some cowboy on a construction site. So if your target has been maintained, I doubt failures of any significance will occur vary often. Also if you not living in it 8 to 12 hours a day you can live without some amenities a commercial user would demand
Ken

Thomastech

I think they were a solid no frills basic loader. I have never used one but there seems to be a lot of them out in southern Manitoba at dealers and on construction sites, and just about anywhere else. Believe that model has the Kubota 2203 diesel which is pretty much my first choice. Parts are readily available for them. I'd enquire on the pumps, hyd motors with some place like www.skidloaderpumps.com to see if they can rebuild them. I'd think they are common off the shelf from some major north American hydraulic supplier, but those folks would know. After that there is not much to go wrong that could not be repaired by any good heavy equipment mechanic.
Also you sound like a home user, if that's the case I'd think you will likely find you don't put many hours on in a year (100 or 200 is alot ) and will operate with greater care then some cowboy on a construction site. So if your target has been maintained, I doubt failures of any significance will occur vary often. Also if you not living in it 8 to 12 hours a day you can live without some amenities a commercial user would demand
Ken
I can assure you that these machines are built tough as there are many of them out in the field with high hours on them that are still going strong. These machines are built to last, built to work hard and built to stand up to what is thrown in their way. I have personally run a T133 with approximately 5000 hours on it that still run like it was new. If the routine maintenance is preformed regularly, this machines will take care of you and be a vital part of any home user/commercial user's tool arsenal.

CIL

I can assure you that these machines are built tough as there are many of them out in the field with high hours on them that are still going strong. These machines are built to last, built to work hard and built to stand up to what is thrown in their way. I have personally run a T133 with approximately 5000 hours on it that still run like it was new. If the routine maintenance is preformed regularly, this machines will take care of you and be a vital part of any home user/commercial user's tool arsenal.
The 130 platform was one of the longest running models produced by Thomas Equipment. Very good machine