Thomas 2250D help!!

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

timco1

I am looking for a maintenance/repair manual for a Thomas 2250D s/n# 17077A hope someone out there can help. I contacted Thomas and all they have available is a parts manual (which I ordered). The unit has a few issues but for the money I paid I think it will be worth fixing..also looking for a good hydraulics source,(other them princess auto) your help would be greatly appreciated...Tim

SkidRoe

Hi timco1,
I can't help you on the manual, but I may be able to help on the hydraulics. Since you mention Princess Auto, where in Canada are you? What kind of stuff are you after?
Cheers,
SR

OP
OP
T

timco1

Hi timco1,
I can't help you on the manual, but I may be able to help on the hydraulics. Since you mention Princess Auto, where in Canada are you? What kind of stuff are you after?
Cheers,
SR
Good Morning Skidroe, I'm in Orangeville Ontario, Thanks for the quick response! I know its an old model but I like things simple. I picked it up for $1500.00 running but the hyd fluid was running all over the place, I was playing with it last night and it looks like the fittings that come out of both drive motors are stripped, I will have to replace them first then come the hoses. The drive pump and motor on the right side have been replaced (blue colour not sure of manuf) the pedals are siezed so I removed them for work, The main distribution valve (at your feet) has crackes where the actuation arms would go in, the valve looks ok just the little screw in housings. Sorry for the lingo I'm new to this, Tires are shot looking for cheap replacements..Hope I didn't bite off more then I can chew!! Most machines in this range are thousands more so why not..right?

OP
OP
T

timco1

Good Morning Skidroe, I'm in Orangeville Ontario, Thanks for the quick response! I know its an old model but I like things simple. I picked it up for $1500.00 running but the hyd fluid was running all over the place, I was playing with it last night and it looks like the fittings that come out of both drive motors are stripped, I will have to replace them first then come the hoses. The drive pump and motor on the right side have been replaced (blue colour not sure of manuf) the pedals are siezed so I removed them for work, The main distribution valve (at your feet) has crackes where the actuation arms would go in, the valve looks ok just the little screw in housings. Sorry for the lingo I'm new to this, Tires are shot looking for cheap replacements..Hope I didn't bite off more then I can chew!! Most machines in this range are thousands more so why not..right?
PS: yes I would be interested in a maintenance manual if you have one....Tim

Jyuma

PS: yes I would be interested in a maintenance manual if you have one....Tim
See if this helps you...
http://www.thomasloaders.com/upload_files/manuals/1700 Repair.PDF
Thomas lists a whole bunch of loaders as being similar and the 700, 1200, 1700 and 2250 are covered by the same operators manual http://www.manuals.us/browseproducts/Thomas-700--1200--1700--2250--Skid-Steer-Loader-operators.html.
Maybe the repair manual will be similar? Don't know for sure.. just taking a shot in the dark.

Danlm02

See if this helps you...
http://www.thomasloaders.com/upload_files/manuals/1700%20Repair.PDF
Thomas lists a whole bunch of loaders as being similar and the 700, 1200, 1700 and 2250 are covered by the same operators manual http://www.manuals.us/browseproducts/Thomas-700--1200--1700--2250--Skid-Steer-Loader-operators.html.
Maybe the repair manual will be similar? Don't know for sure.. just taking a shot in the dark.
I have an old Thomas 1200. 1978 I believe, I have been able to repair mine using the info from my pumps, mine are vickers ect. , same for my motors. I would look the pumps and motors over good, and I'm sure you can find model numbers and manufactures... Pro-Active fluid power, can still get me the rotating group for my TA-6 hydrostatic pump, and that pump is long obsolete. Hope this helps.