Thin oil for winter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

xtreem3d

hi guys,
do any of you switch oil for the winter months? if so what is the thinest viscosity i could safely run keeping in mind my skids can run for 24-30 hours pushing snow,
thanks,
steve

mllud

Steve
You may try this question under the [Open Discussion.] Or some other forum. Its not really just a N/H question. It may get looked at more. Theres a lot of different opinions on oil issues. I dont know enough to give advise on your question.The fact that you run it a full day,yet want it to start in the cold. Not too thin not too thick! More than likely its parked sometimes out of reach of pluging in the heater.
Its a good question worthy of discussion.Those canadian clippers hook down across our area on a regular basis.Some of our northern Members should have som good advise. Mike

OP
OP
X

xtreem3d

Steve
You may try this question under the [Open Discussion.] Or some other forum. Its not really just a N/H question. It may get looked at more. Theres a lot of different opinions on oil issues. I dont know enough to give advise on your question.The fact that you run it a full day,yet want it to start in the cold. Not too thin not too thick! More than likely its parked sometimes out of reach of pluging in the heater.
Its a good question worthy of discussion.Those canadian clippers hook down across our area on a regular basis.Some of our northern Members should have som good advise. Mike
thanks..just did that.