T320 with forestry cutter

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

joebaby

T-320 with A/C Joy stick steering A-91 Package, high flow hydraulics, delux forestry cutter package, Keyless ignition and forestry cutter price quote $84,250 Is this a good price if it isnt what is?

Fishfiles

I would shy away from the joy stick controll of Bobcat , do you know it runs software that is only servicable by a dealer , it uses the "fly by wire technoglies" , a terrible mix deep in the woods and far from a dealer , -------------the Takeuchi with pilot controll joysticks is a much more dependable machine with alot less chances for malfuntions if you must have joy stick controlls , do you have to have joy stick controll , the Bobcats without them are better than the ones with them , my 2 cents

siduramaxde

I would shy away from the joy stick controll of Bobcat , do you know it runs software that is only servicable by a dealer , it uses the "fly by wire technoglies" , a terrible mix deep in the woods and far from a dealer , -------------the Takeuchi with pilot controll joysticks is a much more dependable machine with alot less chances for malfuntions if you must have joy stick controlls , do you have to have joy stick controll , the Bobcats without them are better than the ones with them , my 2 cents
I thought you could switch the controls from hand controls(yank sticks) to joy stick controls??? Also, unless Takeuchi came out with high flow in the past few years, I don't think they have it available.

siduramaxde

Why not look at a rayco?

Fishfiles

Why not look at a rayco?
There are two types of Bobcat joysticks floating around out there , one is a true joystick which they call JSC , the other I would call boom and bucket hand controlls on top of travel levers , kinda like a Case 1840 except that it's wires instead of linkage rods to levers on top the travel lever , I have never seen one yet that had both hnd and foot controlls --------you right the Takeuchi I don't believe has hy flow , I now the aux puts out around 23.5 gpm @3000psi , ---------------here is a link to the specs of the TL150 ------ http://www.takeuchi-us.com/pdfs/TL150.pdf

Bandit1047

From Bandit1047 Do yourself a favor and look at an ASV 100 with a Forestry Package. If you are looking at Mulchers, check out FECON, The Best all around machine. Please do your homework on exactly the type of work you plan on doing. Every machine has it's place. If you have very rocky soil you need something that can stand up to the abuse or you will be replacing teeth at $60.00 a pop. I have been researching mulcher heads and machines for over a year and I still learn something new every week.

siduramaxde

From Bandit1047 Do yourself a favor and look at an ASV 100 with a Forestry Package. If you are looking at Mulchers, check out FECON, The Best all around machine. Please do your homework on exactly the type of work you plan on doing. Every machine has it's place. If you have very rocky soil you need something that can stand up to the abuse or you will be replacing teeth at $60.00 a pop. I have been researching mulcher heads and machines for over a year and I still learn something new every week.
come on fellas, Rayco is a purpose built mulching machine. I think the steel tracks would be worlds better than in the woods. They may cost more but you get what you pay for. JMHO.

Fishfiles

I think your right about Fecon making the best Mulchers as I have worked on mostly the machines carrying them than the mulchers themselves , besides an occasion hose or oring on a fitting , I got few chances to operate the machines after repairs and took down some trees ad brush to dirt fast , sounds like a jet turbine when they are cranked up , take down a 6' tree ad grind it to mulch in a coupe of passes over it , be sure what ever you get it has a Lexan window --------I won't agree with you on the ASV (positrack) , maybe now a few years down the line , but I think the ones I was working on were guinne pigs as I changed so many parts for ASV to try and solve running hot problems , maybe it's because we do get really hot weather down south , the under carriage isn't the best , the rubber tracks I don't think are made for the woods , and I seen two Cat motors go in very new machines , and they are a nightmare to work on --------- I have worked on the Fecon (RayCo) carrier with the Fecon head , the FTX140 is the man , will do trees up to 8" , the FTX90L , or the newer FTX100L ( Kubota eng) with do 5" trees , the steel tracks are better in the dirt and wood ------------- I see there are a few for sale in the Covington area here in La., they were 2006 models in the 500hour range , -------------------I heard stories of a guy in Florida that is retro fitting the Takeuchi's with high flow , any one know how to get in touch with him -------fishfiles

Bandit1047

I think your right about Fecon making the best Mulchers as I have worked on mostly the machines carrying them than the mulchers themselves , besides an occasion hose or oring on a fitting , I got few chances to operate the machines after repairs and took down some trees ad brush to dirt fast , sounds like a jet turbine when they are cranked up , take down a 6' tree ad grind it to mulch in a coupe of passes over it , be sure what ever you get it has a Lexan window --------I won't agree with you on the ASV (positrack) , maybe now a few years down the line , but I think the ones I was working on were guinne pigs as I changed so many parts for ASV to try and solve running hot problems , maybe it's because we do get really hot weather down south , the under carriage isn't the best , the rubber tracks I don't think are made for the woods , and I seen two Cat motors go in very new machines , and they are a nightmare to work on --------- I have worked on the Fecon (RayCo) carrier with the Fecon head , the FTX140 is the man , will do trees up to 8" , the FTX90L , or the newer FTX100L ( Kubota eng) with do 5" trees , the steel tracks are better in the dirt and wood ------------- I see there are a few for sale in the Covington area here in La., they were 2006 models in the 500hour range , -------------------I heard stories of a guy in Florida that is retro fitting the Takeuchi's with high flow , any one know how to get in touch with him -------fishfiles
You are correct about ASV's being difficult to work on. I just recently spoke with a guy who purchased a Mustang 2109 (same unit I have) he outfitted it with the Loegering VTS tracks ($16,500) and an aftermarket oil cooler. He says it is a Killer Machine, all the HP & Flow (41 GPM) he needs and it will go anywhere. I don't know what cutter head he is using. Just another Idea I thought I would Pass on. When using a Mulcher Head, the More HP the Better! The Takeuchi Retrofitter is www.supertrak.com Hope My .02 worth is helpfull.

YellowDog

Price doesn't sound too bad but I wouldn't pay for the forestry protection package. I have been running the CAT HM312 mulcher on two s300k series machines for a couple of years. Other than the lexan, I don't see the need for extra FOPS and the hose guards. We use a tree shear protection package down here that protects the lights, muffler, and couplers just fine. You woudn't have any issues with that and it is a lot less weight than the "forestry package" Bobcat insists upon. Get a cut to fit AC filter to put between grille and radiators. Clean it out every couple of hours or sooner and you should be fine. I think the extra power will keep that 37gpm pump up on that T320 compared to what I feel is dog performance with an s300 on slopes or when moving.