T200 problems

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

I have a T200 that is giving me fits. After it is started some times it takes forever before it will move. The temp gauge stays on cold.(sometimes as long as 30 mins.) The seat bar lights blinks forever.I replaced the sensor but did not help. The manuels said if it gave multiple codes(which it is)11-06, 7-21, 5-21, 4-21, 1-16, 12-21, 8-21 it could be a ground. Now here is my question. Where are all the grounds on this unit? And what else could it be?

Bobcatdan

Those are all sensor code ran off the 5 volt system. With the sensor system, one sensor can die and throw of the system and the machine will set red herring codes. I had a 873 two weels ago with seatbar problems and warning light coming one, bad controller.

OP
OP
R
Those are all sensor code ran off the 5 volt system. With the sensor system, one sensor can die and throw of the system and the machine will set red herring codes. I had a 873 two weels ago with seatbar problems and warning light coming one, bad controller.
Thanks

OP
OP
R
might be a dumb question but where is the controller and what does it look like. Thanks

Bobcatdan

might be a dumb question but where is the controller and what does it look like. Thanks
Should be on the left front corner behind the panel to the left of your leg. You should see the three bolts that hold it on the outside. Black box with 4 electric connectors, could be only 2, but probably four. Not much you can do with it but swap it.

mrdeere1959

Should be on the left front corner behind the panel to the left of your leg. You should see the three bolts that hold it on the outside. Black box with 4 electric connectors, could be only 2, but probably four. Not much you can do with it but swap it.
Of course your dealer will have to program the new controller after it is installed.

7LBSSMALLIE

Thanks all.
prior to condeming anything. you should first as stated check all grounds , the boys missed the cab ground, its important, also , perform wiggle test , if solid broken may not help if intermittent it will , shake push pull harness see if acts up or clears. dissconnect all connectors look for bent or pushed back pins clean apply die electric, and reassmble recheck for codes, , and i cant stress enough batt batt batt, cables etc . every oil change batt hit the ground water check posts and cable cleaned. #1 cause of controller failure is batt maint(at 800 a pop spend ten minutes) to pull batt, we do, if you been using jumper cables to start. probally 800 controller instead of the 120 4 BATT+ PROGRAM UNIT,,

Fishfiles

prior to condeming anything. you should first as stated check all grounds , the boys missed the cab ground, its important, also , perform wiggle test , if solid broken may not help if intermittent it will , shake push pull harness see if acts up or clears. dissconnect all connectors look for bent or pushed back pins clean apply die electric, and reassmble recheck for codes, , and i cant stress enough batt batt batt, cables etc . every oil change batt hit the ground water check posts and cable cleaned. #1 cause of controller failure is batt maint(at 800 a pop spend ten minutes) to pull batt, we do, if you been using jumper cables to start. probally 800 controller instead of the 120 4 BATT+ PROGRAM UNIT,,
the controller doesn't have to be installed and then programed as Mr Deere informed you , it can be programed by a dealer before you pick it up , some small town dealers may not have the equipment or the know how to do it , in that case it can be ordered from Bobcat already programed , on a T200 all that is going into the controller is serial number and hours , it takes no more than 15 minutes to do but they charge an hour ------------- if you think the controller is the problem , do you have a friend with a Bobcat , call Bobcat parts with his model and serial number and see if the part number is the same for your machine and swop the controller out -------------- sounds like it could be the switch on top of the steering lever

Bobcatdan

the controller doesn't have to be installed and then programed as Mr Deere informed you , it can be programed by a dealer before you pick it up , some small town dealers may not have the equipment or the know how to do it , in that case it can be ordered from Bobcat already programed , on a T200 all that is going into the controller is serial number and hours , it takes no more than 15 minutes to do but they charge an hour ------------- if you think the controller is the problem , do you have a friend with a Bobcat , call Bobcat parts with his model and serial number and see if the part number is the same for your machine and swop the controller out -------------- sounds like it could be the switch on top of the steering lever
If we want to be real technical here, you can swap a like controller in with out programing it. If it came out of a 800 series, it would work for the sake of testing. One thing, do not put a controller programed for a 800 series into a 700 without programing. There is a difference how the fuel solenoid is controlled and it will burn out in about 5 mins in a 700 series. Learned that the hardway.

Latest posts