T200 herky jerky??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

siduramaxde

Hey guys, I've noticed that once in a while my 2002 T200 will start bucking and if I don't let go of the sticks it starts a repeating jerkiness. I think that the controls are almost too sensitive and this is the reason for the jerkiness. When I bought the machine the salesman told me that the controls were better than those of my 863. Do I need to replace some bushings or something so that the machine is not so sensitive or are all the newer machines like this?

owensge

My 2002 T200 did the same thing when I first got it, but has since stopped doing it. I don't know what the problem was... Do you find that this happens when you have the throttle up high? Mine would buck at high throttle (not full throttle; bout three quarters). It did have a governor on it which I had Bobcat come out and remove, but I don't remember if it jerked after that.
Anyone else want to jump in?

OP
OP
S

siduramaxde

My 2002 T200 did the same thing when I first got it, but has since stopped doing it. I don't know what the problem was... Do you find that this happens when you have the throttle up high? Mine would buck at high throttle (not full throttle; bout three quarters). It did have a governor on it which I had Bobcat come out and remove, but I don't remember if it jerked after that.
Anyone else want to jump in?
I always run my machine at full throttle and I find that if I put my hands on top of the control sticks instead of wraping my fingers around the grips the jerkiness is worse. I've been thinking about this problem for a bit and I'm starting to think that the shock absorbers that are under the cab may be worn out so I may try to replace them and see what happens. I also hate the way I have to have my arms extended out so far to go full speed. I run zero turn mowers most of the warm months and I would like to set the controls up like the mower controls. i.e. the controls would have to fold down over my lap and nutral position would be back towards the opperator more. This new control set up would be much more comfortable to use when making the long, full speed runs while plowing snow.

bobbie-g

I always run my machine at full throttle and I find that if I put my hands on top of the control sticks instead of wraping my fingers around the grips the jerkiness is worse. I've been thinking about this problem for a bit and I'm starting to think that the shock absorbers that are under the cab may be worn out so I may try to replace them and see what happens. I also hate the way I have to have my arms extended out so far to go full speed. I run zero turn mowers most of the warm months and I would like to set the controls up like the mower controls. i.e. the controls would have to fold down over my lap and nutral position would be back towards the opperator more. This new control set up would be much more comfortable to use when making the long, full speed runs while plowing snow.
I have a 751 that has very sensitive controls and can easily get into herky-jerky bucking mode. I find it helps to clamp my arms on my knees so my hands are not affected by the jerking. This helps, but I still think the controls are too sensitive. Been that way for at least 300 hrs, and I have no idea why. Incidently, I think the F-4 aircraft would go into oscillation under some conditions, where the mechanism was something about the aircraft motion affecting the pilot's hands, then the hands moving the stick further exacerbated the aircraft motion. Only solution was to either let go of the control stick (not a really great idea at very low levels) or pull up hard so the large movement would swamp out the smaller oscillations. -- Back to earth, I'd be really interested if there were a nice solution to this overly-sensitive controls problem. I always attributed the herky-jerky motion to a very short wheel base and a very stiff ride. ---Bob