T-180 Heater fan quit

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

alphakilo74

My heater fan stopped suddenly. I want to see if it's getting voltage. How do i get to it? I dont see any access to it. Please help, i'm freezin over here!

Bobcatdan

Pull the in cab filters out, the motor is right under there. You should be able to get your finger in there. See if the fan moves freely. If it's locked, that's your problem. If it moves, but the motor bearings fell a little rough, its still your problem, but there is a but. Check the fuse for heater and the alt/ kits, if blown, replace it. Spray a little lube on the motor shafts to try to get a little into the bearings. The motor may work again for a while. Also pull down your switch, check the connection to see if its burnt, another sign the motor is failing. Any way you slice it, you will be replacing the motor, just now or later.

OP
OP
A

alphakilo74

Pull the in cab filters out, the motor is right under there. You should be able to get your finger in there. See if the fan moves freely. If it's locked, that's your problem. If it moves, but the motor bearings fell a little rough, its still your problem, but there is a but. Check the fuse for heater and the alt/ kits, if blown, replace it. Spray a little lube on the motor shafts to try to get a little into the bearings. The motor may work again for a while. Also pull down your switch, check the connection to see if its burnt, another sign the motor is failing. Any way you slice it, you will be replacing the motor, just now or later.
Thanks for the info. Any idea how bad pain it is to change the motor.

Bobcatdan

Thanks for the info. Any idea how bad pain it is to change the motor.
The blower assemby is not bad to remove and install. The pain is changing the the motor out of the housing, getting everything to line up. You can buy just the motor and have the fun or pretty sure you can get the assembly. Not sure price difference of the top of my head.

OP
OP
A

alphakilo74

The blower assemby is not bad to remove and install. The pain is changing the the motor out of the housing, getting everything to line up. You can buy just the motor and have the fun or pretty sure you can get the assembly. Not sure price difference of the top of my head.
Bobcat wants $150ish for the motor or $450ish with the squirrel cage assembly. Is it under the ROPS? Or in the back under the Radiator?

mmsllc

Bobcat wants $150ish for the motor or $450ish with the squirrel cage assembly. Is it under the ROPS? Or in the back under the Radiator?
I'd like to know if bobcat makes an affordable kit to install a heater into a machine that did not come with one? Are they close to affordable? Easy to install?

Bobcatdan

I'd like to know if bobcat makes an affordable kit to install a heater into a machine that did not come with one? Are they close to affordable? Easy to install?
Bobcat offers a 100% complete kit to install heat and even A/C. It's your opinion if its reasonable price.

siduramaxde

Bobcat offers a 100% complete kit to install heat and even A/C. It's your opinion if its reasonable price.
I took my blower motor to NAPA and they were able to match it up for way cheaper than Bobcat. However, Bobcatdan is right, it is tough to just replace the motor. It just takes time to line everything up. You can access to blower motor by lifting the cab and dropping the HVAC system from the back of the cab. It is easy to get the HVAC system down and it's a good time to clean your evaporator and heater core.