SSS's EZ-Backhoe - anyone use it??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

bottlefed89

Hey, I'm new here, I do mostly landscaping, generally building new hardscapes. I've been looking at backhoe attachments such as this, and wonder if anyone has tried one?? I like the thumb, because I have some upcoming jobs that will require removing a bunch of rr-ties. I think I could pick em up and put them directly in the trailer, a lot easier than ever having to handle them. Any ways, was wanting some feedback if anyone has used anything like this. thanks greg [email protected]

RS Coyote

I have been thinking about getting one or making one for demo and such. But I think you would be better off using forks with RR ties.

YellowDog

I have been thinking about getting one or making one for demo and such. But I think you would be better off using forks with RR ties.
I broke a dillo with a Bobcat 863. Had it beefed up and it is a great stump and rock digger. only digs 5 feet and you have to skid to dump but it comes in handy.

janb

Where can I rent one of these (boom/hoe)? I need to dig out an oil tank in crawlspace under a house, This would be 'perfect', as my excavator is too tall at boom knuckle. Of course I only need it for one job. (SSS didn't want to disclose any 'rental' options (I'm in SW WA state)) need by 7 Dec...

skidsteer.ca

Where can I rent one of these (boom/hoe)? I need to dig out an oil tank in crawlspace under a house, This would be 'perfect', as my excavator is too tall at boom knuckle. Of course I only need it for one job. (SSS didn't want to disclose any 'rental' options (I'm in SW WA state)) need by 7 Dec...
Check the rental places.
Bobcat make one now as do many other larger attachment makers so some of the rental centers should have them.
Just be aware these but alot of pressure on you quick attack lock "pins"
I would not be digging by backing the loader up, try to use the "curl of the bucket" to break the dirt loose.
I seen one of these hoes with the holes in the bottom of the quick attach plate ripped right out.
The quick attach was designed to have the force down from the top , not up from the bottom.
Ken

farmboy55

Check the rental places.
Bobcat make one now as do many other larger attachment makers so some of the rental centers should have them.
Just be aware these but alot of pressure on you quick attack lock "pins"
I would not be digging by backing the loader up, try to use the "curl of the bucket" to break the dirt loose.
I seen one of these hoes with the holes in the bottom of the quick attach plate ripped right out.
The quick attach was designed to have the force down from the top , not up from the bottom.
Ken
Had one, sold it. I now have the reg. 709 backhoe attachment, use it all the time. Also just made a heavy duty set of 48" fork's. At this time I can't see spending the money on a mini excavator. I can get Bobcat & all it's toy's on my trl. My customer's like the fact that I can change equipment on the job site. If you do a little shopping you can pick up a backhoe frm 2500. to 3500. range. dennis

bobbyg

Had one, sold it. I now have the reg. 709 backhoe attachment, use it all the time. Also just made a heavy duty set of 48" fork's. At this time I can't see spending the money on a mini excavator. I can get Bobcat & all it's toy's on my trl. My customer's like the fact that I can change equipment on the job site. If you do a little shopping you can pick up a backhoe frm 2500. to 3500. range. dennis
i have a Versatech mini hoe...and i have broke it twice...its very cheap, i only paid $800 for it and i've paid for it by two jobs...i just welded it for the 2nd and last time, if it brakes again i'll never use it again

skidsteer.ca

i have a Versatech mini hoe...and i have broke it twice...its very cheap, i only paid $800 for it and i've paid for it by two jobs...i just welded it for the 2nd and last time, if it brakes again i'll never use it again
Still 800 plus welding for 2 jobs, might only last 2 more. Say $1000 for 4 jobs= 1/3 of good used hoe that will still be worth 3000, when your done with it... just my .02
Thanks for shareing your insight
Ken

Tazza

Staff member
Still 800 plus welding for 2 jobs, might only last 2 more. Say $1000 for 4 jobs= 1/3 of good used hoe that will still be worth 3000, when your done with it... just my .02
Thanks for shareing your insight
Ken
Thats a good point, use it a few more times and it may pay for a nice new one, or a good portion of one.
Then sell the old one (when re-welded) and get say 1/2 what you paid back for it.
I was going to build one of these attachments a year or 2 back, but i ended up getting a propper unit (which i still haven't used....). One day i will make attachment brackets and give it a good work out!