Source for used parts?

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

Tazza

Staff member
The only place you will get a used one is on e-bay or the paper. Bobcat will NOT sell you a used cab. If you trade a machine that has even 1 weld or hole drilled in the ROPS they remove it and install a new one, liability issues. I know a guy that's cab was rotting away from the brown cancer. He asked if Bobcat would sell him a used one and they said flat out NO.
If its not urgent, place an add in the paper and keep an eye on e-bay. Other wise you will have to go for a new one.....

Blaine

The only place you will get a used one is on e-bay or the paper. Bobcat will NOT sell you a used cab. If you trade a machine that has even 1 weld or hole drilled in the ROPS they remove it and install a new one, liability issues. I know a guy that's cab was rotting away from the brown cancer. He asked if Bobcat would sell him a used one and they said flat out NO.
If its not urgent, place an add in the paper and keep an eye on e-bay. Other wise you will have to go for a new one.....
There are several Bobcat salvage yards around. At least here there are. They would sell you one.

OP
OP
Y

Yenko

There are several Bobcat salvage yards around. At least here there are. They would sell you one.
I google salvage yards etc don't seem to find one? I survived a nasty little backflip/roll in a 9ft basement. I was finishing a back fill job on another next to the basement and looks like I got a little careless and backed right in to the hole, well that's what I remember anyhow. When I realized were I was and what just happened I panicked and kicked out the back window to get out, stumbled around just glad to be alive. This was a flawless machine until that little stunt a few days ago. I'm needing to replace the cab. Yes I learned an awful hard lesson. could of been worse for myself and could of caused more damage to the machine.

Eric

I google salvage yards etc don't seem to find one? I survived a nasty little backflip/roll in a 9ft basement. I was finishing a back fill job on another next to the basement and looks like I got a little careless and backed right in to the hole, well that's what I remember anyhow. When I realized were I was and what just happened I panicked and kicked out the back window to get out, stumbled around just glad to be alive. This was a flawless machine until that little stunt a few days ago. I'm needing to replace the cab. Yes I learned an awful hard lesson. could of been worse for myself and could of caused more damage to the machine.
Wow, glad to hear you made it out ok. That ROPS obviously did its job.
I know a guy that was running a bobcat on a job where they had cut a small hillside to put in a retaining wall. The concrete guys had poured their footing and had exposed rebars pointing upward for the masonry block wall to be installed. Anyway, this guy was driving around up above the soon to be wall area and went over sideways landing on the rebars in the bobcat. Somehow he managed not to get punctured by any of the bars that entered the side of the cab, but he was pinned in by bars and had to be cut out!!! He said that the other guys on the job thought he was dead when they saw it happen.

Tazza

Staff member
Wow, glad to hear you made it out ok. That ROPS obviously did its job.
I know a guy that was running a bobcat on a job where they had cut a small hillside to put in a retaining wall. The concrete guys had poured their footing and had exposed rebars pointing upward for the masonry block wall to be installed. Anyway, this guy was driving around up above the soon to be wall area and went over sideways landing on the rebars in the bobcat. Somehow he managed not to get punctured by any of the bars that entered the side of the cab, but he was pinned in by bars and had to be cut out!!! He said that the other guys on the job thought he was dead when they saw it happen.
Holy crap!
I have heard of a horror story from a firend when he was in the Bobcat business, many years ago.
He was at a jobsite with a house that was proped up on pieces of timber waiting to get re-stumped, he wanted him to take his ROPS off so he could get under the bottom of the house to flatten it out. He told him no way (well he used a few more colourfull words than that) and left. One of the people he knew got called in for the same job and agreed, he took his ROPS off and was doing the job, when he hit one of the timber things holding part of the house up, which made it fall. Unfortunatly he wasn't so lucky to escape that one.
He also told me of another close call he had, with back filling a retaining wall and compacting it with his tyres the wall gave way, and he rolled down the hill. He walked away from that one. But if there was no ROPS he would have been dead for sure.
No matter what, NEVER remove your rops for a job, its just not worth the risk.

OP
OP
Y

Yenko

Holy crap!
I have heard of a horror story from a firend when he was in the Bobcat business, many years ago.
He was at a jobsite with a house that was proped up on pieces of timber waiting to get re-stumped, he wanted him to take his ROPS off so he could get under the bottom of the house to flatten it out. He told him no way (well he used a few more colourfull words than that) and left. One of the people he knew got called in for the same job and agreed, he took his ROPS off and was doing the job, when he hit one of the timber things holding part of the house up, which made it fall. Unfortunatly he wasn't so lucky to escape that one.
He also told me of another close call he had, with back filling a retaining wall and compacting it with his tyres the wall gave way, and he rolled down the hill. He walked away from that one. But if there was no ROPS he would have been dead for sure.
No matter what, NEVER remove your rops for a job, its just not worth the risk.
Yes the rops did its job. Tweaked it enough that it should be replaced broke the two plastic hinges for the front door allowing the door to be knocked to the side with out breaking the glass. Snapped the plastic holding the gages and key, frame looks OK the main force was to the back door smashed it and into the oil filter. still fell very lucky. I do have a picture if someone wants to upload it for me.

Eric

Yes the rops did its job. Tweaked it enough that it should be replaced broke the two plastic hinges for the front door allowing the door to be knocked to the side with out breaking the glass. Snapped the plastic holding the gages and key, frame looks OK the main force was to the back door smashed it and into the oil filter. still fell very lucky. I do have a picture if someone wants to upload it for me.
Email it to me and I will upload it.
[email protected]

Eric

Email it to me and I will upload it.
[email protected]
100_1477.JPG

Tazza

Staff member
Thats really not a pretty sight!
You should put a warning "may offend bobcat lovers" :)

Blaine

Where are you located? There is a local guy parting out a 7 series. I think he may have the rops still. Plus there are several salvage yards here. Another one of my friends has a 7 series he would probably sell the rops from. Your location and how much you are looking to spend would be the key to this. If you would like, you can email me directly at [email protected]

Latest posts