Source for sealed wire connectors??

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skidsteer.ca

I'm looking for some sealed wire harnees connectors like the one commonly found on new cars and Bobcats etc.
Anyone have a source in Canada or USA?
Thanks
Ken

TriHonu

If you are referring to Packard or Metri-Pak sealed connectors, I have gotten them from either:
Del City in Milwaukee Wisconsin
or
WAYTEK INC Chanhassen, Minnesota
I have not been able to find anywhere that sells all the parts as a complete connector. You have to buy all the pieces individually (Male shell, female shell, male pin, female pin, cavity seals, and wire looms). Oh yea, there is a special crimper for the terminals. I use my standard crimper and then solder the terminals.
My last order was from Del City even though WAYTEK is across the city from me. Del City had better prices on the other stuff I needed (switches and preformed looms). I have been happy with the parts and prompt order shipment.
If you find a source for complete connectors let me know.
Jeff

TriHonu

If you are referring to Packard or Metri-Pak sealed connectors, I have gotten them from either:
Del City in Milwaukee Wisconsin
or
WAYTEK INC Chanhassen, Minnesota
I have not been able to find anywhere that sells all the parts as a complete connector. You have to buy all the pieces individually (Male shell, female shell, male pin, female pin, cavity seals, and wire looms). Oh yea, there is a special crimper for the terminals. I use my standard crimper and then solder the terminals.
My last order was from Del City even though WAYTEK is across the city from me. Del City had better prices on the other stuff I needed (switches and preformed looms). I have been happy with the parts and prompt order shipment.
If you find a source for complete connectors let me know.
Jeff
Here is a better link to WAYTEK
Select PRODUCTS from main menu and then select catagory CONNECTORS - Multi Pin
Jeff

Mac

Check on e-bay for plugs called weatherpack. These are used by GM and other manufacturers. They have seals where the wires enter the plug as well as where the plugs mate together. The wire seals are fitted to each gauge of wire and do a great job keeping out moisture and dirt. There are many configurations of plugs from one terminal to 6. There are kits available online with lots of different size terminals, seals, and plug bodies. Have put these together with up to 10 gauge wire.