v2203 engine source for 753

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

agarb

I just bought a 753. The previous owner says it uses 2 qt of oil every 10 hours. Smokes pretty good on startup. I'm guessing an engine rebuild or replacement is in the near future. Anybody have any trusted sources they care to recommend?

I have one local guy I talked to before purchasing that does quite a bit of work on older equipment like this. He actually has a 743 that he put a used engine in and he didn't think it would be that difficult to find an engine.

I probably won't run it for more than 100-150 hours per year. I currently have a Farmall 656 with a front end loader that this will be replacing. Main task is moving round bales. Secondary task is moving logs and fire wood and other general work around the property.

Tazza

Staff member
You need to keep an eye out for a carrier refrigeration engine, you just modify a few things and it will fit your machine.

A rebuild kit for a V2203 will run around $1k, machine is the part that will add up a little bit, but have a chat to a few machine shops and see what they would charge to bore and hone for +0.5mm over sized pistons

Latest posts