SnowBlower for a 743

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

skippyman

Hi all,
I'm looking for a snowblower for a Bobcat 743. I've found a decent SB200 but I'm wondering if the 743 will have enough flow to run it. It's an older 743 with a lot of hours on it, I think they were rated at 11 gpm and I thin the SB200 needs 11 gpm. What would happen if my 743 is delivering less than that? Anyone out there know where I could get a good used (inexpensive) snowblower that my 743 could run?
Thanks in advance

skidsteer.ca

Our snow blowers are sized to the machine by changing the cubic inch of the fan motor and sometime also the auger motor (generally the auger only get a larger cubic inch motor for "Hi Flow" machines. The best would be to contact the mfg and see what configuration that unit ( have the serial #) has and if it matches your flow.
If the motor is to big for your loader, the fan will run at a lower rpm and the cast distance will be reduced. The bigger the pump and the more psi you loader system runs at the more horse power you can put though the couplers to the blower, and the faster you can travel and the farther the snow will fly.
I sold a 60" blower to a fellow with a 743 last fall, although I sure its no match for a loader with 20+ gpm and 3000 psi, he was quite happy with it.
New blowers are running in the low to mid 4K range now and going up next season.
Let me know if I can be of any help.
Ken