Skidsteer question

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

TriHonu

Will it fit? Yes. There were mounting kits made that will mount that hoe to a S150. Mounts are not universal. They are made to fits a specific loader or series of loaders. 20 years ago, the mount alone cost $800 - $1000. If the hoe you are looking at does not have the mount for your S150, you need to factor that into your purchase price.

According to the documents I have from Bradco, the 611 is NOT RECOMMENDED for an S150. The 611 weighs 1847 lbs (I don't know if that includes the mount). About 350 lbs heavier than your ROC.

I have a Bradco 609 that I mount on my 763. It is really too heavy for a machine this size. Bradco recommends the counterweight kit if you mount a 609 on a 763. That being said, I have picked up the hoe when it is fully extended and not fully mounted to the loader.

When traveling, I have the boom up and turned all the way right or left to keep the weight as close to the loader as possible. If I stop quick the rear wheels easily come off the ground.

On reasonably level ground, I reach behind me and press the "Press to Operate" button and I reposition the loader from the backhoe operators seat There are many times you will want to move the machine from loader seat.

Once you get the stabilizers down all is fine. The 600 series has quite a bit more power than the 500 series. It will drag the loader around if you catch something solid.

Bradco backhoes are high quality attachments. My neighbor also has a 609 on a large frame Gehl and also thinks highly of it.

OP
OP

2brnot2b

Will it fit? Yes. There were mounting kits made that will mount that hoe to a S150. Mounts are not universal. They are made to fits a specific loader or series of loaders. 20 years ago, the mount alone cost $800 - $1000. If the hoe you are looking at does not have the mount for your S150, you need to factor that into your purchase price.

According to the documents I have from Bradco, the 611 is NOT RECOMMENDED for an S150. The 611 weighs 1847 lbs (I don't know if that includes the mount). About 350 lbs heavier than your ROC.

I have a Bradco 609 that I mount on my 763. It is really too heavy for a machine this size. Bradco recommends the counterweight kit if you mount a 609 on a 763. That being said, I have picked up the hoe when it is fully extended and not fully mounted to the loader.

When traveling, I have the boom up and turned all the way right or left to keep the weight as close to the loader as possible. If I stop quick the rear wheels easily come off the ground.

On reasonably level ground, I reach behind me and press the "Press to Operate" button and I reposition the loader from the backhoe operators seat There are many times you will want to move the machine from loader seat.

Once you get the stabilizers down all is fine. The 600 series has quite a bit more power than the 500 series. It will drag the loader around if you catch something solid.

Bradco backhoes are high quality attachments. My neighbor also has a 609 on a large frame Gehl and also thinks highly of it.
I appreciate your knowledge and sharing that info with me, now that you mention it I am sure that is to heavy for my machine. I need to find the correct backhoe attachment that is more compatible to my s150, thank you so much, that was very helpful to me!