Skid steeer tilt tach

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

perry

I built a manual tilt attachment plate and curious as how the commercial tilt techs work?, Is it hydraulic or electric?, if it's hydaulic, how is it piped in?.
If it's hydrauic, I might change mine over?.

OP
OP
P

perry

I forgot to ask....with a tilt tech your restricted to only tilting and no other aux. hyd. attachment can be used..correct?. I was thinking about how I could adapt my hyd. post driver which must tilt in all directions.

Tazza

Staff member
I forgot to ask....with a tilt tech your restricted to only tilting and no other aux. hyd. attachment can be used..correct?. I was thinking about how I could adapt my hyd. post driver which must tilt in all directions.
Simple!
They use the aux lines BUT install an electric solenoid to divert fluid to the tilt tach cylinder OR the bucket. Simply install a second switch on say your left stick and use that, hold it down to enable the tilt tach or release to work the 4 in 1 (if thats what you wanted it for), and i see no reason why your post driver won't work too.
The guy i bought a bucket off had this on his Toyota Husky, was pretty clever i thought.

OP
OP
P

perry

Simple!
They use the aux lines BUT install an electric solenoid to divert fluid to the tilt tach cylinder OR the bucket. Simply install a second switch on say your left stick and use that, hold it down to enable the tilt tach or release to work the 4 in 1 (if thats what you wanted it for), and i see no reason why your post driver won't work too.
The guy i bought a bucket off had this on his Toyota Husky, was pretty clever i thought.
Tazza, I thought that was the case, I can only imagine what it looks like, a birds nest of 'stuff' hooked up to the aux. hyd. ?.

Tazza

Staff member
Tazza, I thought that was the case, I can only imagine what it looks like, a birds nest of 'stuff' hooked up to the aux. hyd. ?.
I didn't physically see the directional valve, but i know it was there. A good hydraulic shop will have these available. Simply 2 hoses in, 4 hoses out, 2 to the attachment 2 to the tilt tach, simple!

skidsteer.ca

Surplus Center usually has a 12v solenoid selector valve for $150. They are out of stock right now.
Perry
Electric solinoid valves are common on many attachments. Ie snow blower, main flow runs fan and auger but 2 solinoids in a common valve body split flow off for shute rotation and deflector angle.
Tree spades have 3 or 4 . This is quite common. Sometimes you need flow restrictors in the electric controled hyd circuits as they tend to be on or off and can't be feathered.
Ken

OP
OP
P

perry

Perry
Electric solinoid valves are common on many attachments. Ie snow blower, main flow runs fan and auger but 2 solinoids in a common valve body split flow off for shute rotation and deflector angle.
Tree spades have 3 or 4 . This is quite common. Sometimes you need flow restrictors in the electric controled hyd circuits as they tend to be on or off and can't be feathered.
Ken
I'm sorta leaning to electric, I've seen some 12V telescoping trailer jacks that might work?. There's no tension on the side to side tilt so it should hold up well?, I can simply replace the manual trailer jack I'm using now, install a toggle switch and I'm in business.

Latest posts