skat trak 1000hd

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

blurry

Hi.. I hope someone can possibly help me. I have a skat trak 1000hd with 1800 hours on it. The problem is, we leave it off premises and when we went to use it, the charge and implement pump and valve body had been stolen. Unfortunately, we can't replace this part unless we have the part number off the casing. We have identified that it has vickers ta1919 with a 14 spline casing because it is still there, but it is the pump that attaches to it that moves the bucket and left and right pump that is missing. I was able to speak to the actual volvo company in NC... not a authorized dealer, but the corporate offices. They were able to help some, but they said that they only have a limited back stock of some items, and they have no additional information for this particular part. I was wondering if someone has this machine or if they are familiar with it that could help get me the part number so I can find a used or rebuilt one, or one that I can retrofit to it. I know that it is a 14 spline double pump. thanks

Tazza

Staff member
If your main pump is a TA1919 i'm pretty sure i know what pump bolts to it, they are common, the only problem is without the pump, you don't know the flow of it. It could be 12GPM, 14, 16 etc thats the only issue.
If you talk to http://loaderpartssource.com/ they may be able to help you out.
Someone really must have wanted that pump.....

OP
OP
B

blurry

If your main pump is a TA1919 i'm pretty sure i know what pump bolts to it, they are common, the only problem is without the pump, you don't know the flow of it. It could be 12GPM, 14, 16 etc thats the only issue.
If you talk to http://loaderpartssource.com/ they may be able to help you out.
Someone really must have wanted that pump.....
Through the conversations with Volvo, the trouble shooting tech. told me that the it was around 15GPM.. He said he wasn't sure though. I don't know whether to believe him or not because he couldn't say for sure. Can I get one that has a higher GPM, or does it have to be exact? Thank you for the source, I will call them tomorrow. Just out of curiosity what pump do you think it is?

Tazza

Staff member
Through the conversations with Volvo, the trouble shooting tech. told me that the it was around 15GPM.. He said he wasn't sure though. I don't know whether to believe him or not because he couldn't say for sure. Can I get one that has a higher GPM, or does it have to be exact? Thank you for the source, I will call them tomorrow. Just out of curiosity what pump do you think it is?
That sounds about right, if the flow is too high, you will generate more heat as the fluid will be restricted in the lines.

markplow

What a raw deal! I have access to quite a bit of documentation on late Skat Track and the early Volvo machines and would love to help you out. Unfortunately I've never seen anything on a 1000HD. I assume this would be a 1000lb machine, but I don't have any experience (and have never seen) this small of a Skat Track. Approximately what year was this machine built? Maybe this is just a bit older than the info I have. Maybe I'm no better than the guy who has tried to help you at Volvo.... It's not by chance possible that the model number you put in your post is a typo?? I'm doubting it, but hoping so because I'd like to help. I wanted to respond just in case I'm missing something and there is a way to help... Is there any chance the 1000 and the 1300 used the same pump? I could probably get you exactly what you need on the 1300.

markplow

I imagine you tried this, but.... What about checking on e-Bay or somewhere for a parts manual for this machine? Sometimes you can find them fairly cheap. This is going to be an expensive ordeal no matter how you slice it, so a few bucks for a manual may not be a bad investment. Otherwise, if you can find someone who used to be a Skat Trak dealer around you, maybe they have an old manual stashed away somewhere. With the Skat Trak part number you could probably contact Vickers (now Eaton) and get them to cross reference the number for you. ...or maybe they'll have a guy around from the Skat Trak days (at the dealer) who will be able to help you. A guy like this will be more helpful than most of the guys at Volvo that don't have experience too far back on these machines. There's a very outside chance that contacting someone at Eaton could help, but without a part number or a very detailed specification they're usually not going to be able to do much.

markplow

I imagine you tried this, but.... What about checking on e-Bay or somewhere for a parts manual for this machine? Sometimes you can find them fairly cheap. This is going to be an expensive ordeal no matter how you slice it, so a few bucks for a manual may not be a bad investment. Otherwise, if you can find someone who used to be a Skat Trak dealer around you, maybe they have an old manual stashed away somewhere. With the Skat Trak part number you could probably contact Vickers (now Eaton) and get them to cross reference the number for you. ...or maybe they'll have a guy around from the Skat Trak days (at the dealer) who will be able to help you. A guy like this will be more helpful than most of the guys at Volvo that don't have experience too far back on these machines. There's a very outside chance that contacting someone at Eaton could help, but without a part number or a very detailed specification they're usually not going to be able to do much.
After posting this, I did a little more digging and did find some reference to the 1000hd. You should be able to order a parts manual for this machine from a Volvo dealer, or maybe the guy in NC can help you out. I'm guessing a dealer will be more helpful in this area than someone at Volvo coroporate.... The Volvo "part" number for the parts manual for this machine is 8990146. If the person you talk to doesn't know how to order old manuals for non-Volvo machines, you might mention the "DOES Order System". This is the Volvo system that handles old manuals like this.

daddygoose

After posting this, I did a little more digging and did find some reference to the 1000hd. You should be able to order a parts manual for this machine from a Volvo dealer, or maybe the guy in NC can help you out. I'm guessing a dealer will be more helpful in this area than someone at Volvo coroporate.... The Volvo "part" number for the parts manual for this machine is 8990146. If the person you talk to doesn't know how to order old manuals for non-Volvo machines, you might mention the "DOES Order System". This is the Volvo system that handles old manuals like this.
I have just recently purchased a skattrak 1050 1983 model. and i also got the manual with it. according to the manual the 1050 has a flow rate of 9 GMP at 2100PSI. and the 1300 has a flow rate of 14.4 at 2100PSI. The 1050 had 31HP motor and the 1300 had a 40 HP kubota motor. im trying to figure out if i should replace the 10W30 motor oil used in the hydrolic system with hydrolic oil. I'm trying to get rid of the loud pressure squeel when im working side to side manuvers.

Tazza

Staff member
I have just recently purchased a skattrak 1050 1983 model. and i also got the manual with it. according to the manual the 1050 has a flow rate of 9 GMP at 2100PSI. and the 1300 has a flow rate of 14.4 at 2100PSI. The 1050 had 31HP motor and the 1300 had a 40 HP kubota motor. im trying to figure out if i should replace the 10W30 motor oil used in the hydrolic system with hydrolic oil. I'm trying to get rid of the loud pressure squeel when im working side to side manuvers.
The hydrostats will always make squeeling noises when moving or if the neutral is not perfect. I doubt hydraulic oil will fix it. If its not specified to use hydraulic oil, stick with the engine oil, if its too thin you risk damaging your pumps.

markplow

The hydrostats will always make squeeling noises when moving or if the neutral is not perfect. I doubt hydraulic oil will fix it. If its not specified to use hydraulic oil, stick with the engine oil, if its too thin you risk damaging your pumps.
I agree with Tazza that you are best off sticking with the recommended oil and that changing it probably won't fix your issue. I am not sure I totally agree with the statement that the hydrostats will always make noises when moving. I agree this is common if the neutral adjustment is out, but if you say it happens when you are turning it is likely not this. Some noise is not uncommon, but if it is enough to bother you it could very well be the sign of an issue. One could go into relief valves and failing pumps, but I would check one simpler/cheaper thing first and almost bet it will improve your situation if not solve it. Check that all of you drive control linkage is tight and not overly worn. This includes basically all joints between your hands and the hydrostat pumps. Check to make sure all bolts are tight and none of the ball joints are totally worn out. Then, take a good look at the dampners on the linkage (these look like gas springs). I'm pretty sure this model had these. If there is any oil around the rod seals on these, this is probably your issue. Replace the dampners if they have leaked. If everything is tight and there are no signs of any leakage here (even dust collecting may be the sign of enough leakage to be a problem), you might take the dampners off and push them in and out by hand. They should provide significant resistance, but won't be springy (i.e. they will stay in position when you let go of them). If they have very low resistance, replace them. The pintle shafts of your pumps vibrate at a really high frequency. This accelerates wear and loosening. If there is enough wear or loosening in the system you will get some quite loud squealing. In extreme situations you will feel the drive control lever being pulled to full stroke as the engine lugs down (usually it will stall the engine before you can counteract this.

mickh30

Hi Daddygoose Thanks for the reply on my 1350, Was wondering if you may want to sell a copy of the information you have. I am trying to collect as much info as possible. If you could get the manuals copied I would be happy to buy a set. You can also e-mail me at [email protected]

daddygoose

Hi Daddygoose Thanks for the reply on my 1350, Was wondering if you may want to sell a copy of the information you have. I am trying to collect as much info as possible. If you could get the manuals copied I would be happy to buy a set. You can also e-mail me at [email protected]
Mick did you ever get the manual i sent you.