School me on fluids and filters for my 763 please

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

OldNeons

I have an old C-series 763 and am giving it much needed major service. All belts, fluids, filters, etc. I plan to change oil/filter, fuel filter, air filters, etc and will likely do hydraulic oil too even though it's about 500 hours old and manual says 1000. I also want to change the chain case oil - I've seen suggestions for hydraulic fluid and also motor oil? I also heard of guys draining old hydraulic fluid (approx 500 hrs) and using that in chain case and putting new hydro oil in? Is that a good/bad idea? Is it worth spending $100 for 5 gallons of bobcat hydro or is there a better alternative at Tractor Supply or similar? What is suggested motor oil? How about sources for all the filters? Bobcat wants over $175 for 6 filters needed - is it worth it or are there better options out there? thanks for suggestions!

flyerdan

Bobcat doesn't make the filters, they just have them branded with their logo, probably from Baldwin or Wix. Both should have off-road cross-references on their sites to help find the right number.
Using the drained hydraulic fluid for the chaincase shouldn't be an issue, as long as it is not contaminated or milky with water. It's not like there are high pressures or close tolerances, it's just to keep the chains and wheel bearings lubed.