S300 vs S330

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

kevinsky18

I'm new to Skid Steer equipment. I'm looking for a hard working machine for mostly snow removal but also some summer contract work as well. I want something heavy for better traction as well as lifting capacity. I also want something relatively new / reliable as there is no local BC or other skid steer supplier within 500 miles of my town. I'm open to all suggestions. At the moment I'm considering a slightly used s300 or new s330 Must have a heated cab & 2 speed, What would be the price difference be between a slight lighty used s300 vs a new S330. Would the price difference justify the few extra hundred pounds of lift and few other minor bonuses?

frank123

Price wise, I have no idea what you might be looking at, but if you're open to a low hour used 300, you'd probably do a whole lot better. From what I've read, the 330 is essentially identical to a 300, except it comes with the counter weights and axle weights already on it, has 4 more hp, and bigger tires. If you found a 300 that you like, add counterweights, you'd have pretty close to the same weight machine and lift capacity. BCPM can probably add to this if he reads this.
Frank

Tazza

Staff member
Price wise, I have no idea what you might be looking at, but if you're open to a low hour used 300, you'd probably do a whole lot better. From what I've read, the 330 is essentially identical to a 300, except it comes with the counter weights and axle weights already on it, has 4 more hp, and bigger tires. If you found a 300 that you like, add counterweights, you'd have pretty close to the same weight machine and lift capacity. BCPM can probably add to this if he reads this.
Frank
He did mention that the ROC was slightly higher, all of 300lb i think it was.
I agree that you should go the low hour S300 over the S330, you will save a fair amount on buying a new machine. The only time it would be worth while buying new is if you needed it for a tax write off.
Good luck in your Bobcat hunt, you will love which ever one you do get.

Skid Steer Solutions

I just ordered an new S330. My 06 S300 fully loaded machine will be on sale in 2 weeks. It has 160 hours on it and was used to demo our products on our web site.

Skid Steer Solutions

NO worries. The 330 is on a truck heading this way. I will have them both here side by side for comparison. The 300 is now for sale on our site and on eBay.
The 330 is in, thus the 300 is for sale on our site. Let me know if you are interested. This is an extra clean machine with 165 hours on it.
The 330 is identical except for the axle weights and the tire size. I change the tires/wheels out right away so I am back to 12" tires because I run flat proofs with steel tracks. Powerwise, I have not noticed a substantial difference.
Here is a shot of it.
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_4_in_1_Bucket_s/113.htm
I am in the process of updating the website and as soon as the weather dries out, it will be for sale and I will be going with an A300. I am getting away from heavy work and moving into maintainance so I would rather have all wheel steering and have some new attachment ideas that I want to try with an all wheel steering machine.

Tazza

Staff member
The 330 is in, thus the 300 is for sale on our site. Let me know if you are interested. This is an extra clean machine with 165 hours on it.
The 330 is identical except for the axle weights and the tire size. I change the tires/wheels out right away so I am back to 12" tires because I run flat proofs with steel tracks. Powerwise, I have not noticed a substantial difference.
Here is a shot of it.
http://www.skidsteersolutions.com/Skid_Steer_4_in_1_Bucket_s/113.htm
I am in the process of updating the website and as soon as the weather dries out, it will be for sale and I will be going with an A300. I am getting away from heavy work and moving into maintainance so I would rather have all wheel steering and have some new attachment ideas that I want to try with an all wheel steering machine.
Good to see you have seen the light and sell 4 in 1 buckets :)