S300 Delux panel password

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

m610

This S300 was revived after sitting in the back of a nursery for 4 years. Rats had eaten the wiring harness and possums tore up the seat. The machine does start by removing the start solenoid and jumping the starter with a screwdriver. Trouble is, the deluxe panel does not want to come on and needs the battery terminal to be pulsed a few times to come on. Once triggered the Bobcat display comes up and the system beeps, allowing you to enter a password. Trouble is, the password my friend was using no longer works. Is it possible that after all those years the computer has reverted to a default? Other than searching for a standard panel to replace the deluxe, is there any way to reset the password other than going to a dealer? Perhaps software to communicate with it through RS232 or RS485?

OldMachinist

I'd contact Bobcat customer service 1-800-743-4340 and see what they say to do. You'll likely still have to talk to a dealer to prove you rightfully own the machine to get the master code. Dealers normally charge for the code but if you talk customer service first they may tell the dealer to waive the charge.

tawilson1152

I'd contact Bobcat customer service 1-800-743-4340 and see what they say to do. You'll likely still have to talk to a dealer to prove you rightfully own the machine to get the master code. Dealers normally charge for the code but if you talk customer service first they may tell the dealer to waive the charge.
Did you try the last 5 numbers of the serial number?

reaperman

I feel bad, at one time I knew the master password. I believe its a four digit number, like that helps. I know the local dealer always uses the last 4 digits of the serial number when we get a new machine.