s300 belt tensioner

Help Support SkidSteer Forum:

gotjunk27

i have a 2004 s300.....the fan gearbox belt broke no big deal right? except how does 1 get the new belt on the tensioner there is a metal tab about 1 inch wide preventing me from getting the new belt on....do i have to remove the tensioner or bend the tab out of the way or is there a trick to this? any help would be appreciated thanks

Bobcatdan

Loosen the bolt until you can get the belt pass, be careful to keep everything lined up and tighten back up. I like to jam screwdriver between the belt and guild to keep it in the right place. Check the tensionor pulley and arm, they are probably junk if the belt broke.

OP
OP
G

gotjunk27

Loosen the bolt until you can get the belt pass, be careful to keep everything lined up and tighten back up. I like to jam screwdriver between the belt and guild to keep it in the right place. Check the tensionor pulley and arm, they are probably junk if the belt broke.
thank you i wasn't sure if i should mess with the bolt in the tensioner but loosened it and got the belt on tensioner seems ok...thanks for the help